Wanting to clarify! - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-15-2006, 09:25 PM

Wanting to clarify!

A while back, I posted a response to a person asking for details about a river in Arkansas. I provided a like to a site that is made up of "links", assembled to help others find such info! Kind of like what you would receive if you did a "web search" with the same topic, but all organized! The site is privately owned and was built as a general information site for fly fishing! It is not a "Sponsor" to this site! But it is not a "commercial site".
I guess I'm confused why this link was removed from my posting when there are many postings that provide equipment brand names in responding to others by saying "this is what I use...." or "this is what I suggest....".

I'm referring to such names used around the threads such as "Orvis; LL Bean; Wild on the Fly; Barracuda; Thompson; Griffin; Patriot; T-n-T Helix Series HE 905-4 --------- to note a few!
The following is quoted from other threads as an example only! Not an add!!!!:
"In stationary vises, the Thompson A, Griffin 2A, 3A, and Patriot, Several non-rotary vises by Dyna King, and the Regal are all excellent vises that will last a lifetime and do what you need for the type of flies you are tying."

And how was this thread not edited off? It's a link to an add! http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flyta...ad.php?t=23107

How are these postings any different then referring to an informational Link site? I don't see them listed as "sponsors".
Not wanting a fight! Hey, its not my BB!
Just wanting to clarify!
FliTrap

Last edited by FliTrap; 06-15-2006 at 09:52 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2006, 10:05 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

If you don't think this site is worth the price of admission (free) then you are in the minority.

Behind your soapbox is a lot of sweat equity, friendships, caring acts and fishing experiences that members will not soon forget if ever.

Right now I have a lot of work to do to prepare for our annual Big Brother Day, a day in which we get together with the National Wildlife Refuge and Monomoy Island Ferry to give some kids a Father's Day weekend to remember.

My apologies if I just can't compete in your pissing contest right now. If all you see is a soapbox in this Worldwide Flyfishing Forum, then you've missed the point.

I suggest you either build a site of your own and run it as you please or find another with policies that suit your personal view of the world.
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum
Old 06-16-2006, 01:46 AM

Really, I don't think I was starting a pissing contest nor, standing on a box of any kind! I simply asked to clarify what constitutes "advertising" and what would be acceptable information to share in the general public of your site!
I was only reflecting my interest in sharing my experience, as humble as it may be.... with others..... "like minded persons" who asked a question.

I'm sure all your sponsors are real! And are excited with the exposure they get here! I use products made by some! Was not out to rewrite rules here or any site I visit. Just asking how I'll know what to post. And you're right.... its not my site!
So, I'll plan on setting back, enjoy the read, laugh when it feels right and extend an invite for members to E-Mail me should they feel an interest in what I may know!

Hope your event goes well and the kids get a better idea how to enjoy fly fishing and the world around them!
Take care!
FliTrap

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.