Global Warming - Fly Fishing Forum
Our Environment We are stewards of wild places

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-04-2006, 03:25 PM

Global Warming

There's a new website specifically for hunters and anglers on global warming: www.targetglobalwarming.org.

It has the results of a national poll of sportsmen (and sportswomen) and their opinions on global warming. I was surprised by the results - Hunters and anglers seem really concerned about habitat loss and warming waters from global warming, and many are already saying they see it.

There's a forum on the website to spout off on you thoughts on global warming - post what you think. Is global warming happening? Are you concerned? Or is it a huge hoax?

There's a lot of good information at www.targetglobalwarming.org, no matter what you think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2006, 10:36 PM

I can't believe that 35% of respondents believe that global climate warming is not a problem that requires immediate attention - the product of misinformation!
Old 06-07-2006, 12:35 PM
chromedome

Quote:
Originally Posted by papenfus
I can't believe that 35% of respondents believe that global climate warming is not a problem that requires immediate attention - the product of misinformation!
I'm with you on that one! It goes to show how poorly informed people are. Of course there is an abstract aspect to the problem that I feel many wouldn't grasp.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:43 PM

Here's something else to chew on:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/sun/
There's an irony that some of the very things we blame for global warming are, in fact mitigating the affects. I happened to catch the episode of nova and have not reviewed the text but I'll assume it covers the same information. Very interesting stuff, at least on a Winter afternoon when I caught it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.