Fly Fishing Forum banner

new to NE stripers...

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  castafly 
#1 ·
Hello all, My father and I are attempting to get into the striper fishing in newengland. We have been fresh water trout and bass guys for seems like forever....we are going down to chatham to fish with a guide on the 22nd. I would like to fish for a couple of days...but I can't afford a guide for more then 1 day. Do you guys have any pointers or spots that my dad and I could check out?? I know that is a terrible question to ask..but what I am looking for is general areas..streets or possibly directions to a spot or two.

I have been doing a lot of reading on the fishing part of this type of fishing but I could use help with where to go to start.

Fell free to email me privately if you want to.

I have read about the sickness which is stiper fishing.....I want in...................................My wife may divorce me after this......

Thanks guys

Greg

#3 ·
Hi, Yes we are going down on saturday. If I knew where I could take my father fishing we would leave central New hampshire at 3-4 am to go fishing.

This is kind of a ..cheer my Dad up kind of trip.. my grandmother (his mother) just past away. Been a little tough on the old man. We both are fly fishing addicts and I think this new experience is just what he needs.

Sorry for the rambling...Yes we will be in the chatham area on the 21st.

Any help guys would be huge. Thanks Greg

#6 ·
Steve's beat me to the punch; if you are guided on Sat 20th then at least stop by for the dinner at the Stone Horse Motel at 6:30p Sat. The dinner is $15 pr head, steak tips / chicken kabobs and the fixins. You will need to bring one fly for the contest.

We'll fill you in there, also join the group on Sunday on the water.

#7 ·
Thank you very much guys. We would really like to come and meet and learn. I really can't thank you enough for the invite.

I will find out when i can get us on the road to MA on saturday. Please let me know what to bring to the dinner, time, place...

If we can't make it to the dinner, how could I meet up with you guys on sunday?

I will do my best to get to the dinner...I think it would be a great place to learn from the best....

I started tying in January of this year. I have been focusing on trout patterns. I will work on a salt pattern. I will tie 2, one for myself and the other for my father.
Any advice on patterns??

Again guys...thank you

I am at work now and just can't seem to focus....wonder why

greg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.