Nanaquaket Pond...? - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-12-2006, 09:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to Korean_fly Send a message via MSN to Korean_fly
Nanaquaket Pond...?

Hi everyone. Just got off the horn with pops and he has informed me that he has purchased a house by the Nanaquaket pond in Tiverton RI right on Maine Road! From what I hear the house is 20 ft from the waters edge! I looked at a map already and it seems very fishy...I know sakonnet point is a great place to fish and quite near but what about the salt pond? Is it any good? From what little I have gathered in terms of "intel" it seems like a good spot to wave the long wand from. I will have a SOT kayak to use to explore the pond Can anyone share a tidbit of information on this pond? Thanks in advance and tight lines!

Adrian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2006, 09:54 AM

Limited access and a sensitive area due to trash; I'll be more than happy to discuss via e-mail. Congrats!!

Tim
Old 05-13-2006, 10:19 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

I could not do an aerial recon due to lack of public (google) knowledge but if connected to Sakonnet then it should/will have fish early in the season as fish push into estuaries to rest, eat and warm on migration; and attract them during worm hatches and fish will follow peanut bunker (et al) into the terminus of brackish systems albeit the majority of fall activity in out in the open with a distinct direction - away from the encroaching winter.

My guess - should be an awesome homebase with some days where you can't take more than two sips of your drink on the porch before the surface action gets you running for the rod.

If you're that close to the water you might even have nights where they fish keep you awake
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum
Old 05-13-2006, 04:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to Korean_fly Send a message via MSN to Korean_fly
Mr. Mukai thanks for making the effort of checking the area for me I really appreciate that! TimSt, I will definitely contact you via pm to see what you may have to say. I am very excited! I will be there in a weeks time and cant wait to explore the area. I hope to meet all of you soon and get a chance to have a drink and bend some rods in your company.

Tight lines!

Adrian
Old 05-14-2006, 07:48 AM

Talking RI Maps

To Adrian,and Juro,
Not being to computer savy, I use the RI website for all my mapping of the State. You can zoom in on any feature in the State right down to so close it goes out of focus. The air photos are as new as 2003 & 2004 summer and spring. You can move around the whole shoreline, or whatever. Hope this helps. Forgot the URL which is: www.dem.ri.gov/maps/ artb

Last edited by artb; 05-14-2006 at 08:16 AM.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:36 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

AWESOME Art! Thanks what a goldmine.

Hope you're doing well this spring you must have a slug of fish in your neighborhood right now.
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.