News from St Maarten - Fly Fishing Forum
Bonefish, Tarpon, and other Obsessions Turquoise water, silver demons on the fly

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2006, 02:33 PM

Exclamation News from St Maarten

Hi guys,

after 3 days of raining and lagoon flooding, fish were pretty active yesterday. I got a 20 lbs fish but my friend did a better score on spinning rod.

We are going back there tomorrow 6am.

You can see full reports, pics & videos on my personnal web site, which is free, non business and open to all.

http://jmm007.perso.domaccess.com

PS : Juro, I have inserted your website in the link pages.

All the best to you all.

Jean Marc
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2006, 06:17 AM

never caught a tarpon but when landing steelhead most of us are very careful about treating the fish right

not trying to cause trouble but it looks these fish are beat up on the shore and rocks and stuff for the picture!

or maybe it's because they look so much like bright steelhead in the video getting at my emotions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2006, 09:10 AM

1 word SWEET
Old 05-08-2006, 05:00 PM

Wink Don't get too emotional

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromer
never caught a tarpon but when landing steelhead most of us are very careful about treating the fish right

not trying to cause trouble but it looks these fish are beat up on the shore and rocks and stuff for the picture!

or maybe it's because they look so much like bright steelhead in the video getting at my emotions
I have to admit that my friend JL is not the softetst guy you can meet , but pictures of fish taken on the rocks are taken just before release and I take great care of reviving if needed. 99% of these very strong fish are swimming away unharmed.

But I appreciate your concern like most of us.

Take care

Jean Marc
Old 01-15-2007, 06:45 AM

Visiting St. Maarten

I am going to be visiting your beautiful Island late January. I am a catch and release spin fisherman who is looking to fish Simpson Bay Lagoon? I tried to check out the links on the above website but I could not access the lures or tips section. Could someone please reply or send me an email hassellmaniafishmaster@yahoo.com. I fish the Great Lakes for Salmon and trout but also have a lot of salt water experience.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.