How'd the Season Shape Up - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2006, 01:17 AM
Holdout

How'd the Season Shape Up

Just an informal poll on what was your impression of the season on Skagit/Sauk.

-Lost poor realitive of the Simms family fishing fortune
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2006, 02:04 PM

Excellent numbers in the system

I heard that Ed Ward and thos guys had one of the best spring seasons in many years.

I think this is proof that protecting native fish WORKS!
Old 05-06-2006, 04:36 PM
Token Gear Guy

Exceptional...average size was smaller, but the large amount of two salt steelhead bodes well for next year's three salt run...not one twenty pounder for me this year, out of the largest amount of fish landed by me in several years up there...but lots of fish, if you knew where to look!

Fish on...

Todd
Old 05-09-2006, 10:13 AM
Skidrow Woolley Fly Club

Caught an average number of fish this year except I am going to go against the grain and state that most of the fish I caught were larger. 2 in the 20 pound range and most of the others were around or over 15.

All of my fish this year were caught in the Skagit. Made it to the Sauk once this season and found way to many people. Between the bankies, pontoon boats, sleds, and drift boats I had a hard time trying to find a rock to stand on and didn't feel like hauling my own rock all the way up there.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:05 PM

Sorry for the late response, I didn't have internet for a while. I'd agree with Kerry on this one. Most of the fish I hooked last year were in the teens, one landed in the 20lb range and a couple others that I lost that i'd bet were upper teens, maybe 20. That's most, not all. I did land a few that were 5-10lbs, but most were larger. This was unlike the years before where the fish varied from 3-20lbs and were all spread out inbetween.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.