Fly Fishing Forum banner

sage rods

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  FishHawk 
#1 ·
I am interested in purchasing a sage 11' No 6 rod for loch fishing and would welome comments from members regarding best place to purchase and on performance if any one has a sage

#2 ·
i love Sage. All but 2 or 3 of my rods are Sage with the exceptions being a couple i have made and one old St Croix. You wont find a better company to deal with should you experience any problems.
I assume you are looking at the 6110-4 XP.
Sage rods should retail for the same prices everywhere. Sage sets the retail price or atleast a suggested retail price. if you'd shoot me an e-mail or PM i could probably help you out.
David

#3 ·
I also own several Sage rods and find them to be great tools. I have yet to have a problem requiring service so I cannot comment on that aspect.
Depending on where you live, the best place to buy one is at your local or nearest Sage dealer. That way you can have him string one up & cast it to make sure you like it. Other than that Mail Order places usually carry the full line. If you are indeed looking at an XP you cannot go wrong in my humble opinion.

Warren

#4 ·
I'm a Sage guy from way back . Have used their service twice and it was top notch. Recently I've expanded my arsenal to include Winston and T&T. T&T is another great company that also has top notch service. By the way I can't afford paying full retail so I build all my rods. Another way to skin the expensive cat.:lildevl:
FishHawk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.