Cracking head section on Cortland QD 325 line? - Page 2 - Fly Fishing Forum
Lines, Loops and Leaders Line / Leader Recipes, Loops, Splices, etc.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-2000, 09:04 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

RE:Cracking head section on Cortland QD 325 line?

Ron -

Thanks for the insightful reply on the topic. I've gone from "irritated about the cracks" to "amazed about the technology" thanks to your description. I am perfectly happy with Cortland and the efforts they've made to bring great line designs to the fly angler, and it stands to reason that everything can't be perfect all the time.

Terry -

Do you happen to have the mailing address for returning lines to the Cortland?

thanks,
Juro
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2000, 10:26 AM

One more update as of 7-20-2000:

Cortland has once again bungled my line replacement. I'm pretty ticked. I urge anyone who deals with their customer service to identify your QD line (SALTWATER not Salmon/Steelhead) and make sure they remember to ship etc. They have failed me 3 times already.
Here's my scenario to date:

1. June 9th QD line cracks
2. June 10 ship back to Cortland
3. 11 days later wrong replacement line shows up
4. Next they say they will ship me new one right away and tell me to return Steelhead QD. They forget.
5. 11 days later (today)I have nothing. Call them, they have no record of me needing a line. Now they say they will send me a new one. I hope they send me 2 by accident, I deserve it.

<a href="http://www.cortlandline.com/contact.html" target="_blank"><!--auto-->http://www.cortlandline.com/contact.html</a><!--auto-->

TerryW
Old 07-23-2000, 06:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to BobD Send a message via Yahoo to BobD

Terry,

I am not making excuses for Cortland and will call the rep on tuesday and explain the problems you have had. I recently ordered 5 SW QD 325's for the shop and they where all back ordered. The may be just shipping you what is in stock.
Old 07-23-2000, 08:46 PM

Bob,

In the end (friday) they overnighted me one. I called back and spoke to a guy named Todd, who was head of the Customer "something or other" dept., and told him of my long saga.
He was a gentleman and got right on it. I'm leary but still a fan of Cortlands products. Thank you for your interest.
Now I can fish deep again. If only my spouse appreciated that new ability I could excersise it.

Terry
Old 07-25-2000, 03:13 PM

Very late into this discussion but...
I cracked the connection of lead head to running line in an orvis depth charge 7 wt. a couple years ago on a very cold day at Scortons--a tiny amount of epoxy and I have gotten two more seasons out of that line with out issue.

I cracked the hell out of the running line of the same line in 10 wt. variety after a tangle formed, which ruined the line. i swore i'd go with Airflo after that for their 5 yr. no crack guaranty, but Orvis replaced for free.

Dryness has seemed to be the culprit both times--either cold dry or hot dried out line sitting on a boat deck...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.