Weipa Fishing Report , March, 2006 - Fly Fishing Forum
Bonefish, Tarpon, and other Obsessions Turquoise water, silver demons on the fly

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-18-2006, 11:18 PM

Weipa Fishing Report , March, 2006

Weipa Fishing Report
<live link to non-sponsor removed> March, 2006

March was a quiet month for me fishing wise. I was on a family vacation for 3 weeks down on Queensland’s Gold Coast. Now I have no problem wading in croc & shark infested waters or chasing a wild boar though the Cape York bush lands but put me on a Gold Coast roller coaster next to my 10 year old and I’ll break out in a cold sweat. Much to the amusement to my 10 year old I must add.

Weather:
The weather had turned bad with a strong Northwesterly winds causing a large swell in Albatross bay.

Fishing:
Because of the large swell fishing was restricted to the river systems for most of the month. All fishing reports where pretty patchy. A couple of local fly fishers went out, to catch 16 good size Barramundi, only to go out the following day with similar conditions and not turn a scale. Barramundi where more regular of a night, up at the Mission River bridge was one of the best spots. Most Barramundi where caught on soft plastic’s. Finger Mark & Grunter where also biting, the creek mouths where the best locations. April sees the start of my 2006 charter season; I’m looking forward to bringing you an insight to my fishing season as it unfolds.

Looking for forums on fishing Northern Australia? We’re looking for members. Google "Strikezone"

<live link to non-sponsor removed>

Sea ya in the “Strikezone”

Craig Jenkins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.