Tivo - Help for winter fishing withdrawal & a great educational tool - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-31-2006, 07:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to teflon_jones Send a message via Yahoo to teflon_jones
Tivo - Help for winter fishing withdrawal & a great educational tool

I'm just wondering how many people on here have Tivo? I've had it for about 6 years and I don't know how I'd make it through the long winter here in the Northeast without it! It's also taught me a lot about fishing since I can not only watch WAY more fishing programs than I would be able to otherwise, but I can save really good shows and watch them again before I go on a trip where I can use that knowledge.

There's a lot of fishing shows on very late night and without Tivo I'd never get to see them.

If you don't have it, I highly recommend it. It's not the cheapest service, but well worth the money. It totally blows away any cable TV company-provided service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2006, 07:34 PM
Fly chucker

I don't have it, and probably won't anytime in the near future. I figure with my busy life, if I don't have time to watch things now when the heck will I have time to watch them later?

I understand your comments about being able to learn much more about certain topics though.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:47 PM

I agree with Mark, Just don't have the time to watch. If I do get time it is usually a spey casting DVD or somthing like that.

It does sound cool though and if I had one I bet I would use it and watch the tube more.

Charlie
Old 04-03-2006, 10:53 PM

What's Tivo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2006, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pescaphile
What's Tivo?
Is that a serious question?

If it is, I'm guessing you're not a gadget guy, though I'm not really either! I just happened to live with a guy maybe 6 years ago that had it and I got addicted. Tivo is a recording service that allows you to pause, rewind, fast forward, slow mo, etc live tv and schedule recordings and now offers the ability to store photos, link with your Yahoo account, search for movie times and buy tickets, look at traffic and weather, and a bunch of other stuff. Some cable networks offer the pause live TV functionality now but Tivo was the first to do it about 7 years ago.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:14 PM

With Tivo's new download service I found a new time to watch fishing shows. I had to travel to Atlanta for business this week and I downloaded a bunch of shows to my laptop and watched them on the plane. So if you're a busy traveler, Tivo could really let you watch the shows that you're always missing.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:44 PM
Fly chucker

I'm going to assume that the question from pescaphile was genuine. It's not a matter of whether or not someone is a gadget person; it's a matter of whether or not someone is a television person. Believe it or not, a portion of the population doesn't rely heavily on television programs for entertainment. During certain times of the year (fishing season) I can go for days without turning the television on, and when I do it's only for news and weather.

Ever see those bumper stickers that read "Kill Your TV"? When I was a kid I didn't get it, but there are times now that I completely understand the line of reasoning.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.