Special Notice for 2006 season/ Rip Ryder - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-13-2006, 04:39 PM

Special Notice for 2006 season/ Rip Ryder

Hello Guys,

I wanted to take a minute to bring you up to speed on what will be going on with us this season. As many of you may already know, the Southway has pretty much closed off. Basically there is enough water to get in and out at maybe an hour either side of high. This is coming from local clammers and the harbor master. I won't know for sure until I get out the end of this month or first of April.

Either way for us, this means a major change in the way we run our operation.
We will still offer shuttles to South beach and North Monomoy. The change will come this spring. I will be running a very limited schedule from mid May until Mid June. The reason is we are building a brand new boat to take on Nantucket Sound for our seal cruises. I need to be in the shop everyday to get the new boat outfitted and ready to go for mid June. Originally, the boat was to be here the end of February, but with all the recent accidents in the marine industry the USCG has tighten the belt and getting vessel plans cleared in Washington is a lot harder than it use to be. The boat is now due here May 1st. I also have potential buyers for my other two boats, so that could come into play in the spring, if they are both sold. No fear, we have a small boat we can still do shuttles with 6 at a time.

My tenative plan to get us through that month, is to leave the refuge at 7 am and you would be picked up at 4 or 5 pm. This will get me back at the shop by 8am and get you guys out for a full day. Once I have the other boat done, we will add a mid day pick up like before. I apologize for any inconvenience, but the new boat was the only answer to not going out of business. My other two boats have been great for what we were doing inside, but I didn't feel they would be the most comfortable for pounding down to the South tip, day in and day out.
There may also be a few days we may not be able to run based on what is going on with the new boat. I will try to post early, if anything like that comes up, so you can make other arrangements.

Please visit our web page at www.monomoyislandferry.com and see the notice for the 2006 season. There is further information on the changes and an aerial taken in December of the Southway.

If you have any questions feel free to post or email me directly. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible.

Capt Keith.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2006, 04:53 PM

Talking

7am start time is what we been wanting for some time. This will weed out some of the fishermen. I know there will be the usual hardcore fishermen on this shuttle. FishHawk
Old 03-13-2006, 05:10 PM
President of CAC

Thanks Keith...sounds good, as long as you and the Admiral are still in charge....Bill, does this mean I have to wake you up now?
Old 03-14-2006, 04:09 AM

John , Jim Sims will wake me up. I'm sure he'll be one of the first ones at the parking lot. He might even take Paxton's parking spot.
FishHawk
Old 03-14-2006, 07:18 AM

Paxton is the one I am worried about. What time is he going to have to leave home now 2am. The good thing Ron, this will only last until the new boat is done.
I don't want to wear you out too early in the season.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:03 AM
obsessive/compulsive

Send a message via AIM to jimS
This may be the season...

for some extraordinary fishing for our striped friends at the elbow of the Cape. For those that have traversed the flats and channels of South Beach and N. Monomoy the past few seasons, the only constant has been change. But, when you finally break the code, it can be awesome. Just ask Fishhawk, who got a fish of a lifetime last year.

Capt. Keith is our lifeline to this area, and without his due diligence and support, this fishery wouldn't be as readily available to us. I'll be there, beginning May 20th. I won't be alone. There will be CSJ60, KMcFly, Striblue, Fishhawk, Rooster, Paxton, Juro, Adrian, Flydoc, Penguin, Sephon, the Pommies, and others observing the changing tides, currents, flats, channels, and bait forms to unravel the code.

This could be the year...
Old 03-14-2006, 09:12 AM
d'PhlightlessPhlyPhisher

Location: Kape Kodistan, People's Republik of Taxachusetts & Penguinia
Special delivery...

In a secluded corner of Chatham airport...
...local authorities refused comment !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NewFlatzBoat2.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	5517  
Old 03-14-2006, 09:17 AM
I remember sometimes...,

7:00 am is good. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
Rooster
Old 03-14-2006, 11:29 AM

Penquin,
Have you been retired so long, you forgot what top secret meant.
Now everyone is going to have one for this season.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:39 AM
6th Year Apprentice

7am ? still time for breakfast at the PX and then us to fish the light beforehand then

( as long as we go a bit easier on the Buzzards bay the night before)

Mark

ps - any further news on the light ? - i understand that was closing off too.

Last edited by Guernseybass; 03-14-2006 at 11:43 AM.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:05 PM

Wow Keith....thanks for your concern re my wake up time
I have it figured out:
- in bed by 10 pm
-toss and turn till 2 a.m. as usual because I'm to damned excited to fall asleep and afraid that the alarm won't go off
- sleep from 2 to 3:30 a.m.
- leave at 4
- arrive at 6:30 and say hi to Jim in the parking lot as usual
Who needs sleep anyway when there are fish to harass??!!!!
I do like the 7 a.m. start time....may even get some topwater action Not to mention low light opportunities on the flats.
Now to buy a lottery ticket so that I can afford a second home ON the Cape. May be staying over at some flea bag motel more often
Ron
Old 03-15-2006, 03:34 PM
PhlyPhishing Physician

"My tenative plan to get us through that month, is to leave the refuge at 7 am "

Guess I'd better clean the coffee maker and stock up on the Dunkin Donuts Colombian blend. Will also need to pick up some beef jerky at Trader Joe's..."Beef Jerky time!!! You want some beef jerky? I love beef jerky!" (Eddie Murphy from Trading Places)
Flydoc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.