mini drift boat vs pontoon which do you recomend ,how much - Fly Fishing Forum
Inflatable Watercraft Rafts, pontoon boats, kickboats, etc.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2006, 08:08 AM

mini drift boat vs pontoon which do you recomend ,how much

was interested in an air filled pontoon but heard there are mini drift boats that you can throw in a pickup ,whats the price on the mini drift boat and where can you get them,whats the best material to get for this or are they all high impact material,is it more difficult to maneuver a drift boat than a pontoon figure if im gonna spend a thousand on a pontoon might as well get a drift boat for extra and i wont have to fill with air and put it together everytime.

Last edited by tls865; 02-09-2006 at 08:12 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2006, 11:09 AM
JD

The only mini drift boats that I know of are wood boats made by Greg Tatman. gregboats.com or Don Hill. dhdriftboats.com
please JD no direct promotional hyperlinks to non-sponsors!

I have seen some that resemble the od rapid robert, a square end boat that kind of resembles a pram.

Here is my take on small db vs pontoon. Anything small enough to fit in the back of a pu is not going to have a lot of room. Basically you, whatever gear you can carry on your back, one, maybe two rods, and a small dog. Two guys, it's gonna get real tight.

A hard boat will track & maneuver better due to the hard chines. But an inflatable will bounce off a rock. If it were me, I would not be tearing down an inflatable after each use. Pain in the butt. I would figure out a way around that. Trailers good enough for an inflatable are cheap. Everything on an inflatable must be lashed down. And figure on gettinig wet.

Everything is a trade off. The best advice I can give concerning inflatables is, get a good one. Not something held together by hair pin clips. Keep asking questions. Try and keep an open mind and listen to everyone who has or has had a boat,,,of any kind.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:40 PM

Clackacraft build a 12' Drifter, do a google search for there web site. I do not know much about it but they do build great boats,tight lines,brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.