Fly Fishing Forum banner

Do you like the folder / tree listing?

• No - I don't like it

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Yes - I like it!

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just set it and forget it (in my options)

Votes: 4 23.5%

Folder view or listed posts?

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
Just curious - after the upgrade the default becomes the folder / tree listing of posts instead of the familiar listing we used to have.

That can be changed for each person once signed in, but the default is to show the tree list.

What do people think of the tree view?

#4 ·
If you have your personal preferences set to "linear" mode then it's business as usual. However if you log out, you will see the default mode which is "threaded" and every thread has a box with a tree view of the posts in it.

This does not read like a newspaper as we are accustomed but more like a computer drive. You see only the last post, and have to click in the tree to see the others in between - unless you log in that is.

Based on what people say I will set even the logged out view to the old way, or embrace the new way. Keep the votes coming!

#5 ·
I chose "set it and forget it" but I also could have voted for "don't like it". I'm more accustomed to the folder view, and it seems like the tree view makes it more difficult to follow the thread. It might just be a matter of what you're used to.

Q

#9 ·
THANK YOU!

That's evidence enough that we like the old display. I didn't want to say anything but I like the old display for browsing but I like the tree for finding old posts in long threads.

Of course once I sign in I can switch between the two - but the default should be the old display based on this feedback.

I'll revert the setting and thanks for participating.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.