Anyone stay here (Nassau) - Fly Fishing Forum
Bonefish, Tarpon, and other Obsessions Turquoise water, silver demons on the fly

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-09-2006, 09:48 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Anyone stay here (Nassau)

Nassau Palm Resort and Conference Center

I am looking for a reasonable stopover to catch the flight to Acklins the next morning and our usual sweet spot was booked solid. This place was surprisingly inexpensive compared to the area rates (e.g. Atlantis Resort). Anyone have any firsthand experience?

thanks in advance
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2006, 11:48 PM

Yes, a few times too many! It used to be the Holiday Inn but lost the franchise last year. The rooms and facilities are filthy, one time we never did get towels, the elevators are inoperable most of the time and you end up on the 5th floor more often than not. During spring break it is a zoo.

By the way, the Quality Inn has gone down hill fast this year as well. I had a group in there last month and it was much nastier than it ever had been in years past.

Much better choice is the Nassau Beach Hotel next to the Wyndam, about the same price and closer to the airport. I'm in there next week for $80 and in mid Feb for about $100 through Orbitz.

Bob Bergquist

( Felton turned me onto your site, I guess we will see you guys in Acklins in Feb!)
Old 01-10-2006, 03:41 PM
obsessive/compulsive

Send a message via AIM to jimS
Bob, thanks for the info on hotels. In checking Orbitz for the Nassau Beach Hotel, the best price was $230, plus $44 for tax & fees. What gives? Did I miss something in getting a better price? I need four beds for 24 Feb, and out the next day for Spring Point.

Again, thanks for the info, but that seems a bit pricey based on your cost.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:12 PM

I just checked Orbitz and they have the Nassau Beach at $130 plus now for mid to late February. ( I just hit Feb 24th now) As I understand it only some rooms are allocated to Orbitz, Travelocity et al. I've always found it much cheaper to book the spring stays well in advance. Most of the anglers that will be with us in Feb and March booked decent rates during that time frame before Christmas.

The Palms works in a pinch, after all you only need a bed...getting any sleep is another matter when the party is on!

By the way, has your group made dinner arrangements for your stay? We are working with a local gal to bring meals over each evening that we do not want to make the long drive to Rollex. She makes great food and is reasonable. She also bakes bread each day as required.

Felton is working hard to get a washer and dryer in place and a shed completed to store all the stuff from the South end of the house. Everything should be in place when you get there.

Looking forward to meeting you guys there!

Last edited by Bob Bergquist; 01-10-2006 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:26 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Jim -

I've already booked a room for Dave K and I, so you only need two beds. I tried to book four beds but it did not come up as avail that way.

I was however also able to find Bob's hotel recommendation for $130 for two people but kept the one I had for Nassau Palm Resort and Conference Center at under $100 to avoid the cancellation fee.

Felton is still at Acklins haven't heard a reply. I think I can survive one night leaving early in the AM.
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.