Labrador Brook Trout Fishing - Fly Fishing Forum
The Quintessential Trout Trout angling is the core of flyfishing worldwide.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2006, 08:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to Michigander
Exclamation Labrador Brook Trout Fishing

I will be going to Labrador this summer for Brook Trout. I was wondering if anyone had been there before and had any suggestions of "must take" items.

Tight Lines

Kory
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2006, 08:40 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Believe it or not... MOUSE patterns! Seriously, take my word for it. I haven't had the pleasure in person but know quite a few folks who go up there for the brookies and when I worked in a fly shop that was the right medicine.

Also, go the the Chronicles Section on this site and look up the material on canadian brookies for some incredible photos and a taste of what you can expect.
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2006, 07:23 AM

Donít forget bug dope or you will be eaten alive!

Charlie.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:16 AM

Don't forget a light pair of gloves. Not because its cold but them Moose Flys will rip your hand off if it not covered. If your one of those folks that have problems with bugs that bite then get a bug net to cover your head. Hard to fish with but just wear it around the house for a week or so before you go and you will get used to it. Wait to you see the flying creatures up that way, they come in all sizes. The ones that are most deadly are the ones you can't see and I don't know a bug juice that can discourage then except the extreme measure of spraying RAID all over your body. You may break out with a rash from the RAID or die from cancer at a latter date but you will not be eaten down to the bone by bugs you can't see. But on a good note you will have a ball and you will be catching one of the most beautiful fish that swims anywhere in the world.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.