DIY fishing in Argentina - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-24-2005, 10:11 AM
Wanna be striper bum

DIY fishing in Argentina

Hello fellow Forum folks,

I work for a semiconductor company in the US and we have a design center in Buenos Aires Argentina. I was visiting the office down there a few weeks ago and I discovered that one of my colleagues down there was an avid fly fisherman.

This nice fellow has spent months on end backpacking to remote cabins in Patagonia and fishing rivers and streams that are loaded with trout and receive little fishing pressure.

He had loads of stories to make you salivate about the trout and the fishing life in Patagonia.

My friend also mentioned that he knew of loads of spots in Patagonia that presented amazing fishing opportunities and were just plain never mentioned in fishing rags or guide books. These are DIY locations with cabins that cost $5/night.

The point of this post:
1. I am not just going to "spill the beans" and give away my pals spots on the net. But he is ready an willing to help out friendly anglers.

2. If you are interested in heading to Patagonia and want to save some $$$ with a DIY adventure then drop me an e-mail. I would be happy to send you Bruno's e-mail address and he would be happy to give you some advice on your trip.

One other thing: while in Buenos Aires I went to the Buenos Aires Angler fly shop. This was a great fly shop with awesome local flies (and some cheap deceivers for the NE salt!). The shop is located on the 7th floor of an apartment building off of Florida Avenue. Finding this place took some work but it was totally worth the trouble of wandering through an apartment building in search of a fly shop.

The gentleman that owns the shop is a great guy and speaks great english and knows lots about guiding for trout in Patagonia and freshwater Dorado in Brazil.

I plan a DIY trip to Argentina in the next 3 years. I am heading back to graduate school and I hope to use some extra vacation time to head down south to wonderful Argentina.

Thanks and regards,

Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.