Simms Waders Question - Fly Fishing Forum
Gear Talk - Fly Stuff Spoken Here Sage advice & fresh perspectives

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-23-2005, 07:37 PM
Kory

Send a message via AIM to BrookFishingMan
Question Simms Waders Question

I was wondering if anyone has tried Simms RiverTek Waders and what they thought of them?

Kory
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2005, 08:01 PM

Dear Kory,

I can not comment first hand on the River Tek series. What I can tell you is I have returned a pair of light weight breathables with a leek in the seam directly to Simms. The waders were used a fair amount and I was only expecting a repair at best. Simms replaced the waders with a brand new pair.

I was impressed with the company policy and service. I now own two pair of Simms and my next pair purchased will be Simms.

C.R.O.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:41 PM

Thumbs up

Kory, I just bought a pair of RiverTeks...awesome fit, and appear to be super high quality, with one minor exception - I'm not too crazy about the way the suspenders connect to the waders, seems flimsy, but the guys at the fly shop I purchased them at said there have been no issues so far. I haven't had them in water yet, but hope to within the next two weeks...I'll report back and let you know!

PS, I tried on both the G3's and these and preferred the fit of these (and they are $145 cheaper!).

Will get back to you soon...Don

Zugbugz - Arizona
Old 12-27-2005, 07:53 PM
Kory

Send a message via AIM to BrookFishingMan
RiverTeks

Hey that would be great I would really appreciate to know what you think of them... Good luck Fishing

Kory
Old 12-30-2005, 09:16 PM
Trout Bum

river tek

I have owned simms river tek waders for 8 months and i love them. I wear them just as pants when the waters aren't so deep and is very comfortable (makes for easy quick piss breaks). The straps do look cheezy but have worked just fine when needed. The waist belt double's as a wading belt when worn as chest waders.
Old 01-15-2006, 11:57 PM

Thumbs up

Kory, I finally got a chance to check out the RiverTeks - my feet did get a little cold (but not wet), even with thin wicking socks covered with thick cold weather socks, but in all fairness, I started the day in a lake with water temp at 38 degrees and air temp around 32. No luck there, so I moved on to a river (in Arizona if its not the Colorado, its actually a stream) and fished it all day long. Still not crazy about the straps, but had no problems with them. At the end of the day, I was still dry, and to me, that's what its all about! I really like the built-in belt and the drawstring top. The GoreTex material is very, very comfortable to move in and not stiff at all. I'm very happy with the River Teks and recommend them wholeheartedly...Don

Zugbugz - Arizona
Old 02-17-2006, 02:44 PM

RiverTek

I bought a pair of RiverTek waders last September. Fit is good, no leaks, no real problems. My only issue with them is the built-in neoprene gravel guards. They are so tight that getting the waders off is a hassle. I've threatened to cut the built-in guards off and just use the wrap-ons. As for the suspenders, mine are still in the box. The waders have a drawcord at the top when used as chest waders, and the cord holds them up very well for me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.