So who are the yak guys here ? - Page 2 - Fly Fishing Forum
Yak Attack Kayaks and flyfishing = ultimate stealth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2001, 11:53 AM
Fluff

{SEE ABOVE POST} "But ,for me , and the ability to stand and feel more secure around the Chatham waters is worth it."

THAT IS, UNLESS ONE IS ATTEMPTING TO ACCESS ONE'S ANCHOR LINE AND LOSES ONE'S BALANCE... }>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2001, 12:55 PM
President of CAC

Joev... under normal conditions.. the tri-balance will not tip over... Normal waves or wakes will have no effect on it. A Chatham fishing boat passed within about 50 feet of me.. we saw each other... and beside a great lateral ride... I did not have any trouble...Dave is right.. I did go over trying to get to my anchor line.. but I fell out, or slid out... the Yak did not over turn... which any other would have... I then was helped to shore. Dave Fix was thinking that he might buy one for his wife... but I have learned that she is still looking for a vise that supposedly enter there home recently...Naturally, Dave is probably checking it out for safety reasons before he gives it to her. What a guy! }>
Old 11-07-2001, 03:29 PM
Fluff

Joev - I have a Perception Carolina as well as a Necky Gannet. I love them both for different reasons and am comfortable using either in salt conditions, depending on conditions. They do not perform the same way as a kayak with TRAINING WHEELS ;D though there is something to be said for the stability of same.

To My Good Friend and Worthy Combatant:

Touche'. However, fail not to recognize the abilities of the Master. The incredible acumen, the skill, the seasoned professionalism; the nonchalance, the sincerity, the smooth, unshaken ability to conduct one's business with such style and grace }>

Je suis le Maitre' ! 8)
Old 11-07-2001, 03:56 PM
President of CAC

I am, for once, at a loss for words ...I....I....I... I do recognize the master.... I beg his forgiveness for attempting to make light of his extraordinary abilities. (which ,I , incidentally have been an eye witness). ( It's amazing how some posts just float away from the subject)
Old 11-07-2001, 04:01 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

I'm also eyeballing kayaks. I have a great whitewater pontoon craft, the Bucks Bag "bronco" model. It's served me very well for years on rivers out west up to class III. It's useful for crossing inlets and can handle rough water and fast currents, but is not designed for distance travel. Therefore the yak has piqued my interest.

Actually, a neighbor is selling a 19ft Outrage Boston Whaler and that is what I really lust for, but in the mean time a yak will have fill the void until the kids get thru school.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.