Cayo Largo Cuba - Fly Fishing Forum
Bonefish, Tarpon, and other Obsessions Turquoise water, silver demons on the fly

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-03-2005, 06:38 PM

Cayo Largo Cuba

I am looking for info on Cayo Largo. I have read a great story in Wild On the Fly magazine about a fishing club there that has exclusive use of 200 sq km of water. My question is this: Do you require a guide there or need to go through the outfitter or can I go on my own, or get a guide locally? Is there such a thing as private water in Cuba??
Any info is greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2005, 05:19 AM
In moderation

Hi
I have been to Cayo Largo twice this year (last trip a couple of weeks ago) and I plan to go again in March 2006. The fishing is fantastic. Lots and lots of good size bone fish, a lot of baby tarpon, quite a few resident adults. There are also permit, Jacks and very large snapper.
All of the fishing there is run through Casa Batida fishing club and it is sold through a number of european outfitters. There are no americans involved, obviously.
For more info look here: http://www.fishingtime.it/inglese/programma.htm
If you want details of booking agents send me a PM (advertising is not allowed on this site).
You need to book early as it is always very quickly sold out.

Pete
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.