Opening - Tranquility Hill Lodge Andros - May 31 - June 4 - Fly Fishing Forum
Bonefish, Tarpon, and other Obsessions Turquoise water, silver demons on the fly

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2005, 01:17 PM

Opening - Tranquility Hill Lodge Andros - May 31 - June 4

We have an open slot for our annual Bonefish trip to Andros in May/June of next year due to a scheduling conflict with one of the members of the group (see 1st child scheduled for delivery two weeks before trip). The trip currently has eleven anglers confirmed but we need 12 to make the numbers work. Based on the size of the group I was able to negotiate a reduced rate and pass the savings on to the group.

The trip is for four nights lodging and three days of guided fishing. That week features neap tides and early and late low tides which means that if it is you wish you can fish on your own before and after your day of guided fishing is complete. I have requested Dwain, Ivan, Ray, Barry, Deon, Ricardo all of whom have solid boat handling and/or Bonefishing skills.

The trip runs from Wed's May 31, through Sunday June 4, 2006. This price includes everything but airfare and tips for the guides / staff. The cost per person is $1145.60. I was able to get the reduced price by negotiating directly with the lodge and then passing on the traditional commision paid to the outfitter back to the rest of the group. This is not a commercial venture - just a group of guys who love to Bonefish. The group ranges in age from late thirties to mid sixties with just about every type of personality that you can imagine - a good group of guys all the way around.

5 of the group will be leaving from Tampa via private plane and the rest are departing from Ft. Lauderdale either via charter or commercial depending on the best price available. If anyone is interested feel free to contact me via email.

Regards,

Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2005, 08:49 AM

Ity's good to hear lodges are finally negotiating away the booking agent fee. I assume youre getting somethign beter than the standard 'one free for each 5 booked' deal. More power to you, and I'd be very glad to know how you managed to chip away at the lodge's agent fee.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:47 AM

Lodge Rates

Josko -

Lodge rates like everything are negotiable. I am fortunate since I have been to the Bahamas now over thirty plus times and have a good grasp around which lodges "fit" our groups needs. I can tell you that other than NRP (when Ben & Judy) ran the place I have had no issues with lodges willing to negotiate when I supply 10 - 12 anglers. That seems to be the key. Of course if you cannot get 12 anglers negotiating becomes much more difficult.

I still strongly recommend the use of outfitters for first timers, the traveler that infrequently visit an area, do not have the time to research which location fits best, or just do not want to put up with the hassel (and belive me getting eleven anglers to pay on time is a Hassel). The reality is (at least with my group) that 80% of the trip centers around guides - that used to be the main reason that I used booking agents.

I do not mind doing it since I enjoy spending time with the "Boy's" - could not ever see doing it for anyone else.

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by josko
Ity's good to hear lodges are finally negotiating away the booking agent fee. I assume youre getting somethign beter than the standard 'one free for each 5 booked' deal. More power to you, and I'd be very glad to know how you managed to chip away at the lodge's agent fee.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:15 AM

Mike I sent you a PM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.