Bob's Bluegill Fly
This fly was originally tied by a friend in the fire dept. named Bob. He had no specific name for the fly. Sorry the pictures are not very good.
Hook - Size 12
Thread - Orange
Tail - Squirril Tail
Body - Orange Embrodery Floss
Wing Squirril Tail
1) Thread hook
2) Tie in tail - Length of shank
3) Tie in floss and wrap thread to wing tie in point a little shy of hook eye
4) Wrap floss to wing tie in point. Make body bulky, it will sink better.
5) Secure floss and trim excess.
6) Tie in wing. Should extend to same distance as tail tip.
7) Whip finish and cement.
Fish with 3" stripping.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|St Croix "Bob Popovic" 9 wt fly rod||BARDY||For Sale by Owner||2||08-21-2005 08:02 AM|
|Bluegill and Bass fly, Smallies too||RDJ||>> Archive: Warmwater Gamefish Flies||3||11-13-2003 06:55 PM|
|Winner - Bob Pink's 40 Fly Bonanza||juro||Stripers and Coastal Gamefish||0||01-30-2001 04:59 AM|
|Bob Parson's Eel Fly (SWFF Entry)||juro||>> Archive: Striper (etc) Flies||0||03-06-2000 05:48 PM|