Pre-season draws in Quebec! - Fly Fishing Forum
Classic Atlantic Salmon No pursuit rivals salmon rivers, flies & legacy

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-03-2005, 08:21 AM

Pre-season draws in Quebec!

Was just wondering how everyone did on the pre-season draws? I got a crappie pick on the Dartmouth. I saw Topher Brown got equally poor picks on the Dartmouth and York. At least we got picked.

So how did everyone else do on there favorite rivers?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fish2.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	5104  
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2005, 09:04 AM

Hi Charlie
Nix for me on the York and Causapscal, # 118 on the Bonaventure.Don't dispair ,those #'s will probably get you and Topher something in C & R.Don't forget the York IS in Quebec I had # 128 last year on the York and except for one or two days had my choice for June 01 to 15th !
I see BS drew a fantastic # on the York !
As you might be aware it took a LOT of work and time at the last minute to keep things on a level playing field for this draw

Last edited by Salar-1; 11-03-2005 at 09:05 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2005, 10:14 AM

Hi Charlie, Jim Corrigan here.

I saw your spot on the Dart, and noted that several of our early-season friends had done 'some good' in the draws.

The 2006 pre-season lotteries went poorly for several Ontario anglers ... I didn't get pulled on any of the three Gaspe-tip rivers. My Buddy did slightly better - in the seventies on the Dartmouth and near the bottom of the St. Jean (130's).

We hold some hope for the Dart pick, but are not optimistic that the St. Jean pick will yield anything better than what's available 'at the door' next season.

I'm not sure that anybody noticed, but the same angler came out first on both the Dartmouth and St. Jean rivers. I'm not suggesting anything dark here, I'm just a bit jealous of this lucky guy!!!!

Quote from Brian:

"As you might be aware it took a LOT of work and time at the last minute to keep things on a level playing field for this draw"

GREAT - 'on a level playing field' is as it should be. It's about time!

Jim
Old 11-03-2005, 11:16 AM
*** FORUM SPONSOR ***

Location: York-Dartmouth-St-Jean-Cap-Chat-Madeleine-Pabos-Grande-Rivière
Morning Gamblers

I too, think the draws are much more "transparent" this year and with the new rule.........
- I feel we also won fair " accessibilty " to the draws ( pre-season & 48hrs) and on the waters!!
Bravo to all involved .....!!!

Those fishing with us, you'll receive confirmations from the Gaspe Zec....and we'll take over from there to select your waters!!

Ann

Last edited by QuebecSporting; 11-03-2005 at 12:08 PM.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:29 PM

Hi Charlie, looks like I crapped out once again, but Ray and Joe picked up decent #'s on the St. Jean. For some reason the York just does not seem to want to give us anything. Sorry I couldn't make it down to your clave. Did manage to get down last monday and managed a few fish but it was tough fishing.
Ann will give you a call this week .
good luck to all.
Ramsay
Old 11-03-2005, 09:40 PM

I am very fortunate to have a very lucky fishing partner. He has provided me with some very good salmon pools during prime time on the Dartmouth, St.-Jean and Madeleine Rivers over the past 5 years from the preseason draws. He hits the 48 hour once-in-a-while too. This year he got #2 on the York and # 9 on the St-Jean. It doesn't get much beter than this. I have a #38 on the St.-Jean that might work with his pickes. I also have an 80 on the Dartmouth and a 98 on the York that might be worked into a mid summer trip. I'm all 's!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.