Fat Lady Sung???? - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2005, 05:49 PM

Fat Lady Sung????

Planning one last outing, preferrably to the Cape (either or all...Lighthouse/Scusett /Scorton and or Harding).......has the fat lady sung???? If so I will sulk and drive to RI...love the familiarity of the Cape.....don't expect specifics, just....feedback if the Cape is a waste of time by now.
Thanks, Ron
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2005, 07:30 PM
resigned

If so I will sulk and drive to RI..

Ron

Just come when it's raining! Amazing things happen in the rain. It ain't no South Beach but it's all I've got. No Fat Lady singing outside my door. Another monsta last night at the wall. I showed you the spot. I'd start heading for Westport, Ma. just outside of Cuttyhunk. The CCB funnel. CCB is still producing. She may puke stripers out of the funnel this weekend!

Phil
Old 11-01-2005, 08:27 PM

Thanks Phil, I'll check those places out on the map.....also my thanks to J and Bil for the p.ms. As of now the only fish caught are in my dreams :-) Reality is better!
Old 11-03-2005, 07:11 AM

Hey Paxton,

Two weeks ago I banged fish, 20+ fish each day (Sat/Sun) on Morris, a lot of 25" - 27" fish, biggest was 32"... a few big blues around. Last week (Sat) I fished same place, only two fish all day and no blues. I'm thinking of one more outing, going south would most likely be better. I'm sure there are more fish to be had on the Cape but it is getting late.

Craig
Old 11-03-2005, 02:16 PM

Thanks Craig.....I was supposed to give Sandwich a try today....but the alarm never went off and I overslept...good thing...major wind! Am going to try tomorrow, alarm clock willing.....maybe stupid.....but who ever said that I was smart :-) The 2 weeks of rain we had, really bumbed out my fall fishing plans....Morris and the outside of SB. Last Oct, I was walking 4 to 6 miles up surf side and bumping into thrashing blues and stripers....maybe next year.
Ron
Old 11-03-2005, 05:30 PM
obsessive/compulsive

Send a message via AIM to jimS
Ron, don't discount the bayside. The migration is still going on, and it might be worth your while to check the following for activity (birds): east side of the canal, Old Harbor, Scorton, and Sandy Neck.

Last week, there were lots of fish along that shoreline. The biggest I landed was about 28-29, but when the cows come thru, who knows.

Good luck, and lets us know the outcome.

Incidentally, the Causeway Saloon may reopen in May, depending on the negotiated price.

See ya,

Jim
Old 11-03-2005, 07:05 PM

Jim....I knew that I could count on you for words of encouragement!!! I didn't realize that you were still in the area last week. The areas you mentioned was my plan of attack...figured that I would start looking near the canal and move as needed in search of the last hurrahs. Will bring by binoculars!
Hopefully I will have something positive to report....am using the 2 alarm clock method tonight.....no oversleeping this time Mid day high tomorrow....hoping the drop will turn them on, esp at the creeks.
Ron
PS: great news about the saloon.....do I smell "purchase"???? Same place??
Old 11-08-2005, 09:08 PM
I remember sometimes...,

If Jim doesn't open the causeway saloon, then I'll keep the W.Dennis Annex open for all the ff buddies!
Sorry, I've been off line for so long. Just now getting back into the cyber fishing mode!
Cheers,
Rooster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.