LMB season looks like it's over... - Fly Fishing Forum
Warmwater flyfishing Bass, pike and even muskies in your backyard

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-30-2005, 07:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to teflon_jones Send a message via Yahoo to teflon_jones
LMB season looks like it's over...

I went out today and had nary a bite from any LMB. I got two pickerel as me and my father in law were wrapping up fishing for the day, but that was it. The water was COLD and the bass seem to be down for the winter. That week of rain really screwed stuff up and brought around an early end to the season.

Sure, the fish are still out there, but they don't seem to be biting any more! I'm going to try a deeper lake next weekend if the weather is good to see if the water temps there have stayed higher, keeping the fish more active.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2005, 08:18 AM

Talking off-forum with Wee Hooker confirms what you're saying. He even mentioned the "S" word meaning the white stuff made already made a debut appearance up that way. YIKES! Sounds like the old man W is knocking at the door.
While not to rub it in -too much - LOL! we're having 70's this week and low 40's/ high 30's at night.... but there's frost on the windshield every morning so some of the weather prognosticators aren't looking outside before proclaiming "43 this morning!". Water temps still 70 something.

Anyway the LMBs are still very active and looking for an easy meal as the next door pond has some voracious big boys still tearing up my bluegills before they get to hand. I just have to figure out a faster way to switch flies to the bluegill imitator when the Bass attack and mill around looking for the "Houdini bluegill". Hmmmm....two rods at the pond might be the answer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.