Back From Brantford - Fly Fishing Forum
Great Lakes Steelhead & Salmon Amazing "Inland ocean" fisheries

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-30-2005, 02:37 PM

Back From Brantford

I just got back from fishing below Wilkes Dam in Brantford. No luck with the steelhead, I wasn't expecting much being my first time there and my first time fishing for steelies. I caught a few little mooneye which were also hitting my strike indicator. There were a bunch of other people out there, not too crowded though, and I was the only fly fisherman. From the people I talked to and looking around only one small bass was caught. Is this usual for steelhead fishing or have the runs not really come up this far because of the low water levels this year?
It was still a great day to be out on the water and I had a great time, it would have been even better if I hooked into a big fish but that's fishing.
Also, the samll man made stream next to the river, is that any good? I saw a few people fishing in it but didn't see anyone catch anything.
Next week I might try the Maitland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2005, 04:55 PM

They were there, they just probably didn't like the high sun. That small stream I believe, is an inlet for a small hydro station so I wouldn't expect any salmonids in it. I had a crappy day at Caledonia on Saturday and so did everyone else I spoke to, yet early in the morining there were fish rolling all over the place.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:45 PM

A Bad Day one the river?

Well Gents

Lets put this into perspective, that way I see it a bad day on the river is better than a good day at work. Alot less stress.

Bill G.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.