October Rhody Clave: Who's coming? - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-18-2005, 08:25 PM
resigned

Thumbs up October Rhody Clave: Who's coming?

The weather spirits are looking to be in our favor for the weekend. I visited Paddy's and met Brian Harrison to firm up our 7PM meeting spot for food and drink this evening. Bring your fleece! It's an open air event. Pool table, bar and lots of room for us on a patio right near the surf. If the bass are bustin' the beach, we'll hear um!

The pot is done being stirred and the stew is ready. All we need to know now is who will be coming to enjoy it? I have many people to thank for helping get this off the ground and hope to see all of you on JF Basser's list either on the water or at Paddy's on Saturday night.

Looks like many will be wetting lines rather than meeting up at sunrise. For those that want to meet up early AM Saturday, please contact JF Basser's cell phone as to where and when that should be. I suggested the Andrea Hotel at 6 to 6:30 AM. Looks like we have:

Jim W... Friday only
Grizz (Chuck and Judith) Saturday and Sunday
Fish Hawk Bill... Til he drops!!!!
Drew same
Chris same
Sean R. Saturday maybe Sunday
Sean M. boat Saturday Sunday?
Slinger boat Saturday Sunday?
Adrian Saturday
Quentin Saturday, Sunday
Greg D Fri. & Sunday
Nick ?????????
Art B Under the weather
JF command center Basser Fri. & Sat.
Mike Z and the kids... all weekend
Striper Mike ????????
Jared....boat Saturday Sunday???
Bonefishmon Phil Friday AM Sat. Sunday. Work Fri. Night.

Wow!!!!! 18 fish finding fanatics all total thus far!
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2005, 08:47 PM
Flats Rat

I will be travelling up Saturday a.m. (with Yak and cold water paddling gear to hand). Probably won't make the 06:30 sortie.

I'll dial in to see what's up. Staying over Saturday for late night / early Sunday activity. Probably making a tactical withdrawal around mid-day Sunday. That is unless (of course) we are into an epic fall run Blitz, in which case I'll be in serious trouble with "ground control"

Really looking forward to catching up with everyone!
Old 10-18-2005, 08:50 PM
Jonesin...

Phil,

Right now it looks like I will be out scouting on Friday in addition to JimW unless the forecast or work obligations change over the next couple days. Saturday I will be fishing with Doogue and Seuss. Not sure if they will be able to stay for dinner or not. Sunday is up the air for me but if the weather holds I will be on the boat as well.

Sean
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2005, 04:24 AM

Thanks to Phil and JBasser along with Sean for their work in getting this thing going. We finally get to have a Rhody Clave. Let's hope the fish are around.
FishHawk

Last edited by FishHawk; 10-19-2005 at 04:25 AM.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:12 AM
BB5 Survivor

Still not 100% , but if I come down it would be for
Friday only.

-jared
Old 10-19-2005, 11:00 AM
CantAnchorUs

Looks like I`m not gonna be able to make the feast, family matters. May not get down at all, but thats yet to be decided.
Slinger
Old 10-19-2005, 03:46 PM
Wanna be striper bum

Not free for dinner

Hi Guys,

I will be fishing with Sean McD on Saturday but I need to head back to NH when I get off of the water.

I hope that you guys have a great dinner.

Mike
Old 10-19-2005, 05:31 PM
Jonesin...

Phil,

Will there be space for us inside at Paddy's? Weather forecast is deteriorating rapidly.

Sean
Old 10-19-2005, 05:58 PM

Phil......I'm in for friday and saturday :-) Is there some provision that is needed? If not, I'll chip in $ to compensate those who have contributed goods. Can bring a variety of munchies. Looking forward to it all.....a big congrats to you for organizing this and a bigger thanks for your efforts.
Ron
Old 10-19-2005, 06:03 PM
resigned

I say we determine where we eat when Saturday rolls around. The Venice Resturant upstairs in the bar if things turn sour. Please be thinking about casual but smart dress if that is where we end up. Clean button up shirt and a pair of slacks in the duffle will do it. It's near the beach but a bit inland on Shore Road.
Like you said earlier Sean. We don't know what will materailize until the day unfolds. Whatever the day brings I'm sure we'll find a spot to gather. Paddy's is under a roof but if it's blowing??????

Phil
Old 10-19-2005, 06:18 PM
Pencil me in.....

Phone List

The phone list as it currently stands has been PMd to all as of 7:15 PM tonight the 19th day of October...I hope
Old 10-19-2005, 06:45 PM
resigned

Reality Check!

The list is dwindling. The realistic facts tell me (and Sean) that the weathermen suck! I will be fishing on Saturday in the rain with birds working as far as I can see with the wind blowing from my left and very few fishermen in sight.

Bring rain gear and a smile. Worse case senerio? Paddy's on Saturday, all day with beer indoors and the birds right out in front. We can drink and wait for the blitz right in front of us and then CHAAAAARGE right down to the surf! Bring your cue sticks.

Phil
Old 10-19-2005, 06:51 PM
resigned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
Phil......I'm in for friday and saturday :-) Is there some provision that is needed? If not, I'll chip in $ to compensate those who have contributed goods. Can bring a variety of munchies. Looking forward to it all.....a big congrats to you for organizing this and a bigger thanks for your efforts.
Ron
Excellent Ron! So happy things are shaping up for you to make the trip down. Please PM JF Basser your cell number to get on the list. The weather may be a bit funky but we'll manage. Your contact on Friday will be important if you want to hook up with those that are there. Fish Hawk will be your best bet. Please PM me your home number again.

Phil
Old 10-20-2005, 08:26 AM
BB5 Survivor

Gents,

I'm punting on Rhode Island tomorrow....have gotten some recent boat reports which suggest not too many Albies around in RI waters. Some well to the west/south of Napatree, but nothing concrete where I was hoping to fish. The reports on CCB on some other boards are too tempting to pass up (and a closer drive).

Hope you guys have a blast down there this weekend. Expect I'll be down that way starting next weekend until the fat lady is in full voice!

-Jared
Old 10-20-2005, 09:44 AM
Flats Rat

Weather for Saturday night doesn't look good

Actually we might be better off staying outside in the wet weather gear - it will probably be only marginally wetter than standing in the surf.

I'm still coming

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.