Boneclave Food - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-22-2005, 04:47 PM

Boneclave Food

A subject near and dear to my heart-
FOOD!

In the past we've done the 'Saturday Eve Feast' and usually pulled off a Sunday breakfast too. Usually everyone is anxious to get on the water for first light, depending on just how much fun we had on Saturday night

Friday shows a 10am High tide at Falmouth Heights, thinking that slack high might be a dead time (opinions?) how about we go with a Sunday Brunch at high noon?

I for one like the idea of cover your own meals for everything but Sat night and Sunday brunch as it leaves me free to chow whenever I'm actually around camp (read as I'll be fishing A Lot).

If you have not already filled out the signup please do so as it makes the meal headcount and ferry run planning much easier (I think )

So let's call this the food thread -

Everyone should bring a gallon of water for the common cause in addition to plenty of bottled water for personal consumption.
If you plan to arrive on Saturday some Ice would be great to feed the big coolers.

Let's use the sign up for a roster boats, passengers, rides, # camping, # attending group meals, it works great for that.
We can definately kick around the menu and cooking gear needed in this thread. Since everything has to be hauled over to the island we don't want much duplication of equipment, food and drink is another matter all together.

So if your going - please sign up and list the food item you'll contribute to the Saturday night meal and Sunday meal here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2005, 06:25 PM
_

I'll bring raw veggies & dip for the group meal on Saturday and for anybody there for dinner on Friday and Sunday.

A group brunch sounds like a good idea but I'm not sure if I'll make it back to camp at noon if the weather is nice and/or the fish are biting.

Q
Old 09-22-2005, 08:18 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

I will chip in some steak tips and stubbs beef marinade skewers for the sat feed. also 4 boxes of rice pilaf
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum
Old 09-22-2005, 09:06 PM
LBFF Mojo

I will bring chips and dips and can grab a bunch of corn if we think we can cook it.

Also gin and tonic fixings for all.

-sean
Old 09-23-2005, 03:48 AM

I've got the Cesar salad covered and some tuscan chicken sausages.

The Sunday brunch might not fly this year since we'll be packing up that day anyway.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:38 AM

I'll bring pulled pork, coldslw, potato salad, for Friday night left over will be real good for Sat lunches. Water, corn steamer ( got you covered Sean) Pop up awning, cooler
trash bags,
Old 09-25-2005, 06:05 PM

Looks like we've got a couple of the awnings now so I'll leave mine home.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:05 AM
2 handed Fly Chucker

Hi guys,

Depending on how many sign up dinner looks pretty good already, I can bring a bunch of shrimp for the grill or should I bring something for breakfasts? I can bring some sandwich stuff for Peanut butter and Jellies to take fishing with us too.

I have a mini weber grill, not great for cooking for a large group and a small backpack cook stove. I also have a bunch of knives and stuff left of from last year, Perhaps Lefty's.

Looking forward to it, just reading this thread I'm hungry already.

Greg.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:33 AM

Ah, the knives - That's Jerry's regular contribution, he's not on the list this year but Slinger can tell him the knives finally made it more than one trip.

I've also got a small grill, put a few of them together and we should be looking good.

A large poly cutting board would be good to have if anyone can bring one.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:55 PM
_

Change of plans. Can't bring veggies 'cause I won't be able to make it this year .

Q

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.