Is the Dean going to die? - Page 2 - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-28-2006, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleshFly
I had run into a crew of guys that just came from the Dean, and were fishing the Skeena area while I was up there They said fishing was good this year, compared to last year.
Yes is was better than last year but that is because last year was basically the worst year on record. In the past poor fishing/catching has been weather related due to the river being out. This year was the worst fishing with clear water conditions that I have had in the last 12 years. This is consistent with all the reports I have received from friends that fish different weeks, with the exception of one report in from the upper river in July and that was good only because in a normal year the upper river doesn't get many fish in July.

I don't know which is worse: Commercial netting or fish farms. I am afraid with the world's growing desire for lean protein that we are going to have one or the other. It would be great if we could have neither in the Dean River Channel.

Mark
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.