Cast a Helping Hand for Humanity - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2005, 06:51 PM

Cast a Helping Hand for Humanity

We have been fortunate as New Englanders to be blessed with some great weather and good fishing this season. Who would have thought that many of us would have the thrill of fighting our very first school bluefin tuna so close to shore this summer? About the only downside we as New Englanders have experienced this summer is the price of gasoline. On the whole though, that is a problem we face as a nation.

We are lucky indeed about our weather here, but not all Americans are in the same boat. We would like in some very small way to help the less fortunate, the victims of Hurricane Katrina. As all of us know by now, these people have lost all their worldly belongings and our now being transplanted far away from their homes. Just imagine for a minute, some of us loosing all of our fishing gear and fly tying materials. Where would we be? Most of us would be basket cases. Just thing about it for a second, how much effort we put trying to save that snagged fly off the bottom?

On Saturday, September 24th, Cast a Fly Charters will be offering FREE one hour bluefishing trips in Upper Narragansett Bay RI. This will take place between the hours from 1:00pm to 5:00pm.

Our departure place will be Colt State Park in Bristol, Rhode Island. Each hour we will ferry three anglers around the upper bay trying to locate bluefish. Upon return to the dock, three more anglers will be picked up while the others debark. There is a Ferry Landing near the entrance of Mill Gut spillway at the old Stone Bridge. That is were we will meet. There is excellent shore access and fishing along the shore of the park, so it isn’t just limited to a one-hour boat ride. Bring the family and have a picnic. Plenty of sites available. There is NO CHARGE to enter the park.

Trips will consists of three anglers of fly and spin casters. Bluefishing has been great this time of year in the past. Replying to this thread will give you a reservation. You can always show up unannounced too. We’ll try to get you in somehow if time, space, and participation permits.

All we ask is a donation of ten dollars if that’s possible. No one will be turned away regardless of any donation. All proceeds from this event will be forward to the “Victims of Hurricane Katrina through the Red Cross and given in the name of Fly Fishing Forum family. Of course if you decide to give more, it won’t be refused. We see the startling pictures and stories everyday about this tragedy. Maybe we can make a small difference in some needy person’s life and make them smile a bit. Ray

1:00pm (3 billets open)
2:00pm (3 billets open)
3:00pm (3 billets open)
4:00pm (3 billets open)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2005, 09:42 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Ray -

God bless you sir! What a kind gesture. It looks like I will be unable to attend in person (I will be out of town) but I pledge $50 for one shift for the first three forum members who reply.

If plans change I will pledge another $50 for myself.
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum
Old 09-12-2005, 11:00 AM
Shark Bait

Send a message via AIM to Nick Send a message via Yahoo to Nick
Capt. Ray,

Simply a great gesture. I wish I was going to be able to take you up on it (out of town for a wedding), but I'll have to go the way of Juro and offer $20 for a spot that someone else can fill!

Nick
Old 09-12-2005, 11:07 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Ray -

If forum members don't take my spot(s) please offer them to area kids with high potential of becoming fly anglers if not already there.

I think we can improve the situation down there today and promote the next generation at the same time. If they make gestures like yours when they grow up it will be worth it.
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum
Old 09-12-2005, 12:07 PM

The Fly Fishing Forum now has four bluefishing slots reserved through the kindness and generosity of both Juro and Nick.

Thanks guys for your support. Saying “Thank You” isn’t enough. If you know of anyone who has ever lost a home, you know the tranquil felling of belonging to somewhere is now gone. Bless you.

Please, anyone can step forward to take one of these slots. Just reply to this page and we will reserve a spot.

Juro, like the idea of helping children learn a lifetime of pleasure. We've had kids clinics in the summer before.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:52 AM

Refresh!

Please help if you can. If you're going to be around the RI area Saturday between the hours of 1 and 5 and like to fish, here is a chance to help a worthwhile cause.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:44 PM
Shark Bait

Send a message via AIM to Nick Send a message via Yahoo to Nick
How would you like me to get the money to you, Ray? I'm definitely still up to donate!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.