Eat Coast Visit - need buddies! - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2005, 11:58 PM

Eat Coast Visit - need buddies!

Hi Folks out on the Cape, I"m in need of help!
I'll be on the Cape from Tuesday Sept. 20 and I hope to do some fishing. It looks like the RipRyder/Capt. Keith will not be running out to South Beach (where I am comfortable) but I dare not venture to Chatham Light without a knowledgeable person. So what are my options?
FredA are you going to be about?
Anyone else who can help an otherwise stranded fisherman who knows nothing about tides & such other that swimming to Spain is NOT an option? (Penguin I remember tales of your kayak rescue a few years back)
My son and me can only fish on Wednesday Sept. 21 and Thursday Sept. 22 and maybe Friday AM Sept. 23.
If anyone can offer assistance, it would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2005, 05:51 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Pete!

Great to hear you'll be on the cape again, and at a very good time of year. Weekdays are tough for me but I can certainly send you an outline of what I would be doing on those specific days (tide/etc).
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2005, 07:04 AM
Middle Aged Member

Pete,
Jim Sims will be in Chatham starting this weekend, through mid October, I think, so the Causeway Saloon will be open. You need to hook up with Jim. I'm sure I can take a mid week day off for some fishing. Look forward to seeing you

Last edited by FredA; 09-09-2005 at 07:06 AM.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:18 AM

Pete,
You are going to have a great time! If you never have fished with Fred I hope you get a chance this time. He is a top rate fishing buddy. By the way my wife will be on the cape next week and plans on getting out fishing at least once. She has your # Fred and will give you a call.

Everyone have a great time in this the best time of year to be on Old Cape Cod.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:53 AM
Middle Aged Member

OC,
I've had the pleasure of fishing with Pete a few times including as his guest on a charter with Art S. at the Boneclave a couple of years ago. Drank some of his Doublewood too.

I've been working with Donna on chuckin sluggo's with the spinning rod so she'll be ready if Tracy gets a chance to fish.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:43 AM
obsessive/compulsive

Send a message via AIM to jimS
Any Friend of Fred...

or a forum member is welcome to tag along to some UDLs, or I can offer some advice on locations and tides. The 21st & 22nd are the last of the moon tides, but some phenomenal blitzes can occur regardless of tide that time of year. PM me if you want additional info.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:13 PM

I think i'm right in saying that the rip ryder will go if there is enough interest. i'll be staying on the cape, fishing every day from the 19th to the 1st oct. So if there are 2 of you we'll only need one more. Failing that maybe we could get togther for a fish or even a beer. I'll be with 2 other limeys (Stevo and Matt) from the 25th but on my own til then so some company would be good. If anyone else wants to meet up that would be great too.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:44 PM
Squire animal

Better get that 10#... It could be wet & windy this weekend, thanks to Ophelia!
Old 09-14-2005, 11:22 PM
President of CAC

Pete. love to fish with you like we did before...but I am only on the Cape the 24th for thr North tip of SM trip...next year we will be sure to get together...and don't forget some of those Habana's...John
Old 09-15-2005, 08:06 AM
Fly chucker

Pete-

We're still on for Monday morning in RI; we just need to decide on a meeting place. See you soon.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:10 PM

Mark: I'm really looking fwd to this, I'll call you & Slinger & Sean when we get in to RI. JBFasser may also be joining in.
John: you must be slipping, It's Habana's & Holy Peat Water, sorry that we can't connect again this year, but remember that we have a commitment to sign "All we need is ..." on a late evening in downtown Chatam!
Basses: It looks like there will be enough to get Capt. Keith to take us out to South Beach on Wednesday and Thursday, maybe Friday, so let's all call Capt. Keith on Tuesday & make arrangements with him. There are 2 in my party, add 2-3 "buddies" that have PM'd me, add your folks and we should be OK. Something like a mini international clave!

Let's all hope Ophelia blows out faster!
Old 09-15-2005, 06:40 PM

pete
It'll just be me on my own for this week my friends don't turn up til saturday. i think the rip ryder only requires 4 so we still might make it. Failing that i think that there is another ferry. If that doesn't work out i'll use the time to check out a few other spots, maybe the brewster flats or nauset beach i'm sure we could find something.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:29 PM

Basses, I sent you a PM. It does look like we can make the magic number, we will see, maybe others want to get out as well?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.