Vacation time!!!! 9/10 - 9/18 - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2005, 05:55 PM
_

Talking Vacation time!!!! 9/10 - 9/18

I'll be on the Cape most of the time but may hit RI for a couple days . Maybe I'll see some of you on the beach!

Q
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2005, 07:30 PM
Fly chucker

I'll be in RI all day on my birthday (Friday the 16th). Perhaps we'll cross paths.

Good luck either way!
Old 09-08-2005, 11:27 PM

Let's meet up

Q.
I'll be in RI arriving late Friday Pm Sept. 16. Let's try to meet up after fishing. I'll PM you.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:27 AM

I'll be there on vacation as well (Sept 10-17). I'll be leaving the Baltimore area at o-dark-thirty tomorrow am, and all set up to fish the evening tides at the usual spots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2005, 10:48 AM
_

I'm back a little early thanks to the dismal weather forecast. Kathy and I had a place reserved through Thursday night, and I was planning to either stay on the Cape or head to RI for the rest of the weekend but I decided to head home on Friday. Had a great time in general, but the fishing was very slow for me. I started off with a couple of full days of fishing and managed to squeeze in a few hours each morning for the rest of the week but I couldn't seem to find the fish anywhere. Tried Morris Island a couple times but only got one ~20" striper while blindcasting and didn't see any fish in the shallows despite some great sightfishing conditions. Had a little luck at Nauset one morning when I found some fish busting bait in the surf. They stuck around long enough for me to hook a chunky bluefish on a small white popper, but the fish escaped with my fly after a brief battle and a couple of nice jumps. I went back the next day but it was dead while I was there. I also tried Chatham Light a couple of mornings, checked the bayside a couple times (east end of the canal and Sesuit Harbor), the south side jetties and Bass River but all I could find were snapper blues and sennet. Loads of bait everywhere but no signs of larger fish or hardtails. I had to resort to fishing for schoolies in Green Pond and Parkers River . Guess I'll take a trip to RI tomorrow to see if I can find some fish there.

Q
Old 09-17-2005, 10:58 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Loads of big fish to the north, which should be moving thru once the storms get them to moving south again. I suspect October will be an amazing month, and our Boneclave might just be in the thick of things considering the hordes of keeper bass in Maine still and the insane bunker population this year.
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum
Old 09-19-2005, 08:51 AM

Very slow for me last week as well. The night of Saturday 10 September was OK at Stage Harbor Inlet where I got 2 small and 1 around 28, all stripers. I only scored one solitary bass at monomy for the rest of the week. Weather was good, nights were beautiful. Ophelia didn't cause much problem either despite the dire warnings all week. Walked Nauset, Morris Island, and Stage Harbor each dawn and dusk into the night, saw lots of bait but no fish in numbers.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:43 PM
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstump
Very slow for me last week as well. The night of Saturday 10 September was OK at Stage Harbor Inlet where I got 2 small and 1 around 28, all stripers. I only scored one solitary bass at monomy for the rest of the week. Weather was good, nights were beautiful. Ophelia didn't cause much problem either despite the dire warnings all week. Walked Nauset, Morris Island, and Stage Harbor each dawn and dusk into the night, saw lots of bait but no fish in numbers.
Hmm, sounds like we fished many of the same places. We must have crossed paths at least once! Sorry to hear things were slow for you too. It's frustrating when the fish just don't seem to be around.

Q

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.