Fly Fishing Forum banner

Gues what, It Works!!!!

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Shaq 
#1 ·
14 foot 10wt......15 foot type 6 tip........rumors of fresh kings......hot pink flashy spey style fly......cast...step....cast....step......poirpose in the tail......cast.....step.....HOOK-UP-----FISH----ON......3 backing sightings, 15 minutes....the beach......one last run!!!!!.......the tail......the picture....the release.....exhaustion

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Shaq,

Thats a nice picture of Jim Teeny after he got his hair cut! :lildevl:

Just kiding brother. That is one hell of a nice fish. Keep up the good work. Lets see a shot of the fly when you get a chance. I know you tie some good ones.

Charlie.

#8 · (Edited)
materials

Materials,

Hook: #2, 4, 6 TMC 202sp or Alec J
Tag, FLoss
Body: Sparkle braid copy.....ah AC Moore craft store
Body hackle: Polar chenille
collar: schlappen, guinnue, or long webby saddle
wing: Krystal flash and flashabou.

sometimes I add a bit of bucktail to the wing to give a bit of color

The black flashabou is called "Holographic", and I REALLY like it.

#14 ·
size of fly

Jim,

you'll be fine with the size of fly. Was up again on Saturday and in the lower river the #2 and #4 were good, in the upper river I switched to smaller #6 and 8 "Duller" more traditional speys and was getting the hits. The crowds are beginning to fill up the named pools and puch us Long rod guys out. We need some real estate.

Went 0 for 7 or 8 and my buddy did about that as well.

Peter, I try to swing-step-swing-step when we have the room or if there are stationary guys in the pool, I try and position myself over the best available water. It's hard to get a rotation going in some spots because of the overall mentality up there. Good luck to all, it's going to be a few more weeks for me.

Geoff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.