NH Coast is back in full swing - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-07-2005, 06:15 AM

NH Coast is back in full swing

I snuck out for a couple hours after work last night hoping to cruise 1A and maybe find a few fish. Things were pretty slow late last week after the storm blew through, but I was hoping things would be a bit better last night.

The bait has definitely reorgainzed and the fish have found them. When I came off 101 I was greeted by the sight of a huge blitz in progress about 300 yards off Hampton Beach. I didn't have to go far to find some fish in closer.

I only managed a half dozen fish, all of them right around 26-28". The fish were actually busting the whole time I was out, they were just out of range for much of it. I enjoyed just standing there watching the spectacle.

I read elsewhere that the fishing was also quite good a bit further north. Get out there if you can- who knows how long it'll last?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2005, 05:57 AM

Thanks for the report. I talked the boss into a 1/2 day today so I am heading out to Hampton/ Rye for a hopeful afternoon and evening bite. Anyone else going to be around?
Old 09-08-2005, 07:01 AM

I was out there again last night, and it was like a different world. I drove from 101 up to Seal Rocks and back without seeing a fish. On my way south I saw one small pod working sporadically about 300 yds off shore. I never even wet a line.

The surf is supposed to lay back down this afternoon, so it very well might be gangbusters out there again tonight, but I'll probably be at home- I need to put in some emergency vise time before the weekend.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:56 PM
Wanna be striper bum

Damn traffic

Matt,

I did not make it out tonight. Some poor souls got into a wreck in Littleton and my trip to corporate headquarters turned into a marathon retreat back home to NH.

I saw the same type of blitzes on Monday morning of this week. Before I even pulled onto 1A I could see the fish blitzing.

It was impressive, but they were all out of range that morning.

I hope that it keeps going strong for the next few weeks...

Mike
Old 09-12-2005, 07:00 AM

Fished the Hampton, Rye area on Thursday afternoon. Surf was still up. There were more surfers in the water than fish. I did see several blitzes well off shore and finally connected with a couple of stripers 18-25" at the mouth of the Hampton River on the outgoing.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:26 PM
Wanna be striper bum

Hampton River

Yeah,

When the stripers are offshore the mouth of the river has been a solid bet.

There are some undulations in the sand there that rival those of the Big Girl Bar. Only there are far fewer 30" cows in Hampton compared to Chatham!

I have pulled some fish out of the humps when the bait is in the river.

Mike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.