Question for Brad - Fly Fishing Forum
The Quintessential Trout Trout angling is the core of flyfishing worldwide.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-07-2001, 12:09 PM

Question for Brad

I am thinking about a fishing trip to CO this Fall and was wondering if you have 4-5 days to fish what would you do. I was thinking about starting at cheeseman Canyon then hitting the Frying pan then floating either the Gunnison or the Colorado. Any thoughts. I fished the S. Platt last year on a business trip for 1/2 a day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2001, 12:48 PM

Nathan, it sounds like you already have a pretty good plan in mind. The trico fishing on the tailwaters is fantastic in the fall. You can set your watch to it and get a couple of solid hours of rising fish. Cheeseman is my favorite place to go, if you go in at the wigwam club and head up stream a mile or so you get pristine water without the crowds and the fish see alot fewer flies during the season. However do not expect to catch a ton of fish it is not easy. The Pan gets a good bit of pressure as well, it is on my list of places to go this summer. I have not fished it since it is a long haul for me. I would float the Black Canyon of the Gunnison, it has the reputation of big fish and is virtually unaccessable to the wade fisherman. The colorado gets a lot of pressure and i heard that the fishing is not what it used to be. I would fish the upper section in RMNP, it is really beautiful and depending on when you come you might see the aspens in color and the elk in their rut. So many places to fish and so little time.
Old 08-02-2001, 09:17 AM

Nathan, my friend fished the Frying Pan two weeks ago and had a fantastic time. Big browns on green drake drys. He said the water was gin clear and he could see huge rainbows sitting on the bottom but could not move any. Said it is the most beautiful place he has fished so far. I'm headed there in september for three days and will let you know how it goes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.