Boneless in Rhodie - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-30-2005, 05:30 PM

Boneless in Rhodie

After a brief glimps of a departing pod of bones seen a week ago sunday, I called in some favors and got a pair of hookie days to add to my saturday fishing allotment.
I arrived at the first place quivering with excitment as some young fishermen recounted their ammazing expolits the day before. Bait was beyond thick, conditions were great, the fish didn't show. Ditto for days two and three.
Same at the other spot. Two of the local regulars were observed there [a reliable sign of worthwhile fishing] but no fish presented themselves.

All was not lost however, an endless school of 14 inch stripers patrolled the jetty rocks all day every day. You only had to stand on a high rock and watch for them and cover them with a fly as they went by. I also used a plug rod for awhile, just cause, but gave it up when my lure shredded a tiny schoolie.

Of notable absense were bluefish. Bait filled the water far and wide. It looked like pre-blitz conditions most of the three days I was there. Only one school did I spot and judging by the way the boats left them alone, they were not much more than snappers.

The weather was outstanding and the factor proved a serious distraction making exhausted jetty stumbling even more treacherous. The body surfing was cool [I got three killer runs that beat kids on boards!]. Damn! Even when I don't catch my "mackeral" I love that place. I think it's time to run away from home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2005, 05:35 PM

Oh man, what a doofus!
The missing word is "bikini".
The factor nearly cost me a rod tip and broken ankle, repeatedly!
They oughta ban those things!
Old 08-31-2005, 06:31 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Sounds like you are revvin' up for the big fall season. Thanks and keep us informed of your excursions.
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.