Copenhagen, Denmark 9/4 - 9/9 - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-25-2005, 03:26 PM
Flats Rat

Copenhagen, Denmark 9/4 - 9/9

Business has me in Copenhagen (Sibos) on business from Sunday 9/4 through Friday 9/9.

Sadly no time to chase the elusive searun browns but a visit to a local downtown fly shop might be in order if anyone has any suggestions?
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2005, 09:16 AM

I went looking for the same in winter 2004. I found an advert for a fly shop on the outskirts of town. I found a gear shop downtown (Christianshavn) and they told me there that the only fly shop they knew of was the one on the outskirts.

If you find out the location of something downtown let me know - I will be over there again in the winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2005, 05:23 PM

Hi,

There are a couple of good flyshops in town. Salmonfly (ph. +45 38 28 95 78 www.salmonfly.dk) or Jagt og Fiskerimagasinet - ask for Dan (ph. +45 33 33 77 77).

If you get an opportunity to fish while you're here - give me a call and we'll give that sea trout a shot.

Tight lines

Jens

PS! Adrian, I've noticied your chats on DIY bonefishing in the Bahamas. Can you send me links to more info or can we discuss this sometime? I'm considering a trip to the islands in May 2006.

Last edited by gotisk; 10-20-2005 at 05:24 PM.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:58 AM
Flats Rat

Jens

Thanks for the reply and welcome to the forum!

I was in Copenhagen back in early September at a conference and didn't have much time to fish. Maybe next time I'll take you up on your offer

For DIY fishing in the Bahamas, there's a lot of information on the bonefish board, especially for Acklins which looks like one of the best DIY destinations in the Bahamas. You will also find information on Eluthera, another good DIY spot and there is an article in the Forum chronicles:

http://www.flyfishingforum.com/artic...lers/index.htm

There are a lot of knowledgeable folks on the bonefish board who can give you first hand infomation on good and not-so good DIY locations.

Good luck!

p.s. I edited out the "live" link to the store per our forum policy.
Old 10-22-2005, 02:12 AM

Thanks, buddy. Send me a private message if you come to CPH and I'll mail my phone no.

I see you're from Connecticut, so I might trade you to a striper hunt sometime in the future - something I wanted to do for a loooong time. I have a good friend in Boston, so I was actually in the area in late April and was also set up to go striper fishing in Duxbury, Massachusetts, but the fish hadn't arrived.

Tight lines

Jens

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.