Who makes Cabela's Prestige + - Fly Fishing Forum
Gear Talk - Fly Stuff Spoken Here Sage advice & fresh perspectives

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2005, 12:13 PM

Who makes Cabela's Prestige +

Just wondering if anyone knows who makes the Prestige Plus flylines for Cabela's. Has anyone used them. Just curious . I was looking at their catalog the other day and noticed that for some rods, you can pay a little more and get a reel and a line for not much more. Is the line junk compared to the Airflo, RIO and SA?

Andre
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2005, 11:57 AM

Send a message via AIM to teflon_jones Send a message via Yahoo to teflon_jones
I don't have personal experience with that line, but I've found in general Cabela's offers quality products right in line with their prices. You really get a good deal on some things too.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:54 PM

I've been using cabela's rods for years,you can't beat the price,great quality,great warrenty,I 've taken fish into the 40lb range on their fly rods and fly lines,one line that I use alot is the prestige plus floater with the 12 ft intermediate clear sink tip which has seen a least 200 days of action a year for the past 3 seasons,I wash it down after each use and its still as good as new.I had heard their rods are made by loomis.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:52 PM
spey addict

Send a message via AIM to Moose
The lines look strikingly similar to Airflo lines
Life is but a walking shadow. A poor player who struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot. Full of sound and fury!! Signifying nothing. May as well go fishing!
Old 08-04-2005, 09:54 PM

I believe in keeping the local shops aournd so I rarely even look at cabelas. But I took a look and for some reason I just could not get excited. Maybe its just me but even the Sage and Loomis rods looked like little toothpicks in the on line store. The rest of the stuff was ho hum.

I bought a big spool of maxima and logded out
Old 08-08-2005, 03:26 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Nooksack Mac
Like superstripper, I'm a fan of their 12' No-Vis (clear slow-sinking) line, which would be my choice if I could only have one line for lake fishing. Unlike the Orvis version, it has a smooth, seamless transition between floating and sinking sections.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.