T&T G series? - Fly Fishing Forum
Gear Talk - Fly Stuff Spoken Here Sage advice & fresh perspectives

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-26-2005, 08:10 PM
spey addict

Send a message via AIM to Moose
T&T G series?

I aquired a T&T rod, 9 foot 9 weight 2 piece, marked G(serial#) Permit. Wondering if anybody has any experience with the rod? It needs a complete restoration and I'm wondering if it's worth it. Anyone know what catalog year this rod was sold in? Trying to get any info I can.
Life is but a walking shadow. A poor player who struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot. Full of sound and fury!! Signifying nothing. May as well go fishing!

Last edited by Moose; 07-26-2005 at 08:11 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2005, 07:23 AM

Try contacting Len Codella...he used to own T&T back in the 1980s, I think.

Don't want to get my chops busted for listing his Web site, so just do a Yahoo search using his name.

Good Luck,

Count
Old 07-28-2005, 11:00 PM

If you call Thomas and Thomas and ask for Trevor, I am sure that he can help you. My wife and I took a tour of the T&T factory last week and Trevor was enormously helpful and has access, as you might expect, to exactly the information you need. They do restorations, even if you are not the original owner. I suggest you give them a call.

For those of you thinking of doing a tour of the facility, I say go for it! It was very educational, and as a bonus, my wife no longer thinks that high end rods are ridiculously expensive. We have seen what goes into making them and understand a little better what these excellent companies are up to...I was completely sold on the place!

Nick Burnett
Old 07-29-2005, 06:49 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Nick -

We've been talking about taking the tour forever! Trevor is a great guy, I am gonna get this going again.
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum
Old 07-29-2005, 10:30 PM
spey addict

Send a message via AIM to Moose
I emailed T&T and got no response, so I'll give them a call and see what I can find out.
Life is but a walking shadow. A poor player who struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot. Full of sound and fury!! Signifying nothing. May as well go fishing!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.