time on the water - Fly Fishing Forum
Warmwater flyfishing Bass, pike and even muskies in your backyard

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-03-2005, 10:28 PM
tubin' for a bruisin'

Send a message via AIM to flyjkol
time on the water

finally foud time to get out and get some fishing done....

Today being July 3rd it sounded like World War III at a local lake and extremely crowded. I decided to hoof it out for once and walk from shore without waders. The water is still somewhat dingy and too dark to sight fish for carp. I could see their wakes occasionally and every once in a while see one go airborn. I figured they were more than likely spawning but tried a couple casts with damsel nymphs and wooly buggers, which after an hour of blindcasting I gave up on and switched to bass bugging. Fishing was on the slow side and considering the rarity that flyfisherman are locally I got many strange looks, but the bottom line was I ended up catching nice bass without seeing anyone else hook up. Later tons of panfish began blowing up on damsel emergers, and this eventually attracted some bigger fish, it reached the point where youd see a bluegill dorsal fin skittering just under the surface at a bug and a huge explosion erupted upon him (poor little guy )
As guickly as the madness began, it ended and the night was dead calm except for kids throwing blackcats into the street.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.