Dynamic Duo alert... - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-03-2005, 01:42 PM
d'PhlightlessPhlyPhisher

Location: Kape Kodistan, People's Republik of Taxachusetts & Penguinia
Exclamation Dynamic Duo alert...

Danger...Warning...
Approach with great CAUTION...
DO NOT feed, pet, or encroach on their "space"...
AVOID direct eye contact...
When in doubt...use discression...

...Is Juro shrinking or is Kush simply living large?!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DynamicDuo.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	4841  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2005, 11:49 AM
President of CAC

It was nice to have a visit from Juro, Pete, Sandi and Tyler at CAC yesterday... along with a nice Monte Cristo Cubana.... Juro could not stay long and Tyler and I had fished the light house in the early morning...but...no fish...on an incoming... what's new right?.... Then later in the evening Doc Jim Shep showed up and we had a nice time and he amazed me with his retention of military historical facts.... from the Visigoths to WW2. The big discussion was should Lincoln have fired McClellan sooner. We both agreed he should have. My argument was Knee jerk...Jim had the social and political facts for why he didn't. The War of the Roses,The English civil war, Agincourt, Tannenburg, the Somme, Ypres, St. Mihel, (sp)Fredricksburg , Cold Harbor, Wilderness, Little Round Top, Kasserine, Tobruk, Point Du Hoc, Iwo Jima ,and back further to the Battle of Issus where Alexander stopped Darius to keep Greek culture in the west . Jim , I forgot the other significant Battle you mentioned which is taught at all Military Schools from Sandhurst to West Point, and the US civil war battle where 10 generals were killed. Thanks Jim for a great evening, I think we could have talked all night....and Thanks for the visit everyone, it made my supervision of 15 college guys more workable.

PS.Jim, don't forget to confirm that Patton is a Ipswich or Hamilton , MA native. (I think)

Last edited by striblue; 07-04-2005 at 12:34 PM.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:01 PM
PhlyPhishing Physician

The day after...

John- great time chatting with you last night during my first (and too long belated) trip to CAC- hope that Kentucky's finest wasn't too hard on you this AM (it actually kept me awake a bit last night). As for the myriad topics we discussed, here are some follow-ups (admittedly none fishing related...): (1) We were both wrong on Patton- he was actually born in San Gabriel, California- his father moved there from West Virginia after earning a law degree- father's father was killed in fighting during the Third Battle of Winchester (Confederate side), (2) Hannibal's great victory over the Romans at Cannae is still studied at most of the world's military academies, (3) McClellan's predecessor was Irvin McDowell (Union commander at First Bull Run), and (4) Attila the Hun was fought to a draw by Roman general Aetius and his Visigoth allies at the Battle of Chalons. Still no clue as to why there is a Patton statue in the Boston area- no connection between him and MA that I could find. I did find, however, that General Creighton Abrams (who took command in Vietnam after Westmoreland was relieved following Tet, and is the namesake for the Abrams tank) was a native of Springfield, MA.
Back to fishing- thanks again for the special fly- look forward to stalking the flats with you next week to give it a workout.
Doc Shep

Last edited by flydoc; 07-04-2005 at 01:03 PM.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:19 PM
President of CAC

Admittedly not fishing related...but a great discussion and thanks for the clarifications...I will do some homework because I still think there is a Hamilton or some north shore community connection..maybe his wifes family... But thanks for those names of those battles which I will research and which I will try to remember. I still owe you Barbara Tuchman's "A Distant Mirror" 14th century and the 100 years war. PS. Keep that fly a secret
Old 07-04-2005, 01:34 PM
PhlyPhishing Physician

John- will do.....in meantime will try to tie up my best approximation of Juro's Deep Eel. I found the book I have with some of Rich Murphy's patterns- Dave Klausmeyer's "Tying Contemporary Saltwater Flies"- ironic he lives one street over from the street I grew up on in Georgetown, MA- probably rode past his house numerous times when I was a kid.
Doc Shep
Old 07-05-2005, 11:48 AM
Fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by striblue
Admittedly not fishing related...but a great discussion and thanks for the clarifications...I will do some homework because I still think there is a Hamilton or some north shore community connection..maybe his wifes family... But thanks for those names of those battles which I will research and which I will try to remember. I still owe you Barbara Tuchman's "A Distant Mirror" 14th century and the 100 years war. PS. Keep that fly a secret
The Pattons bought Green Meadows in 1928- to be near Beatrice's family
(Ayers). Didn't spend much time here (Hamilton) - stationed in Hawaii 1935-1937 etc., etc. When he was off to war his wife spent the time here. The 1928 date
comes from Robert H. Patton's book- The Pattons.

What's this "keep that fly a secret"???
Old 07-05-2005, 12:09 PM
President of CAC

Thanks Dave... BTW...you have that fly....
Old 07-05-2005, 03:51 PM
Steelhead-a-holic

Now I get it~

That must be where they call the "Spey Underground"!

Damn, I wish I was out there chasing the Striped beasts with 'ya.

Hope all you Flats Rats have good weather and lots of hungry sows.

Hey P - all I remember from the pic were how StriB's coffee somehow revived me. Definitely some pfun times!

From The Rainy Coast,

DS
Old 07-05-2005, 09:27 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Kush's demeanor was rumored to be as mellow as the bourbon he was sipping as he recanted in his mind the stalk, cast and take of a fine 35 inch monomoy flats hunter today.

Brian, we reminisced about the three of use rampaging the flats Sunday - get your butt out here next year!
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.