Popham Father's Day Bonanza!! 6/18 + 19 - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-24-2005, 07:56 AM

Send a message via AIM to Chris
Popham Father's Day Bonanza!! 6/18 + 19

Well I had intended to post this sooner but you all know how it goes sometimes...

Last Saturday and Sunday were fantastic at Fort Popham. The tide was right and the fish were in. All were fat and strong from the foraging they did on the way down east. Even the shorts, 16" - 20" fish were strong. They were surprisingly small for the fight. Most of our 2 dozen or so caught on Saturday were in the 24" - 28" range. The weather Saturday was stellar. Overcast all day with virtually no wind which kept the fish in close and bold. I caught one 32" that gave on hell of a fight. Between the rip of the outgoing Kennebec and the weight the fish had put on since the dinks I was catching in Kennbunkport two weeks ago these were totally different battles.

Sunday was a bit slower- more blue bird, a bit of SE wind but we managed about 6 fish each from the crack of dawn until about 9 am. I hit the jackpot with an extremely fat 36" that weighed in at about 20#, nearly twice the weight of the one I got oceanside last trip to Chatham. Sorry no pix this time. Great way to spend my fathers day furlough.

So it is finally on here in Maine.

Last edited by Chris; 06-24-2005 at 07:57 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.