Sorry more questions. - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-13-2005, 11:31 AM

Sorry more questions.

I will have a few days to fish while back in Harwich for my wedding. So as not to get any locals angry about parking in all the wrong spots or get too many tickets where are some public parking areas in Chatham close to South beach and Monomoy? I have a permit on my soon to be mother in laws car for the Harwich shore front. I know nothing of parking in the Chatham area and from what I can gather it is not so easy.
Thanks
OC
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2005, 02:03 PM

Park on the causeway on Morris Island Rd.....about a 3/4 walk to the beginning of SB, in front of outermost harbor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2005, 07:01 PM
resigned

If you will be fishing Monomoy, go to the Morris Island Wildlife Sanctuary and the Admiral (Keith's dad) will give you instructions on parking. He will shuttle you back to the Rip Ryder from said parking spot on the causeway for the trip out to the Island or South Beach. If you do not take the shuttle have someone in the family from Harwich drop you off at the Lighthouse and pick you up later on. Hope this helps. Ron's idea of parking at the Morris Is. causeway is the best on foot advice if you drive yourself out. Good luck and congratulations! We will be looking forward to your report.
Chances are, someone here will want to fish with you and you can leave the parking situation up to them! Hey! Let's give OC a great sendoff and help him out! When is the wedding?

Phil
Old 06-13-2005, 07:48 PM

Thanks guys for the parking info. I always get nervous about peeing off the locals be it Hawaii, Olympic Penn, N. Korea or down on old Cape Cod.

Phil, I was going to post a date and time before I left but now is good as any. I'm getting married to one heck of a great woman on June 25th on some Harwich beach with the reception after at her moms house. The reception will last late into the night I think and welcome all of you flytalk guys to drop in and have a drink when your done fishing. It's a very casual affair, outdoors and all and all I don't expect anyone to get arrested like my first wedding 20 some odd years ago. We have invited all the neighbors so they can't call the authorities. It would be great to meet everybody, I've been checking out the striper section for a long time now and feel like I've fished with you all for years. I'll be able to fish on the 27th and 28th full time and that maybe a tough one for most seeing it's a Monday and Tuesday but heck I'll run into many of you for sure. I'll be the guy catching only 38 inchers and above. I plan on doing some quick trips at night or just before first light to fish the river and the creeks on the out going between the time I get there 22nd thru 29th so if anyone would like to join me for some night or early morning fishing I'll be game. hope to finally meet you all.

The reception will be at:
16 Fernwood Circle
Harwich MA 02645
Old 06-13-2005, 07:55 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

hear that guys?

PARTY AT OC'S!!!

I am going to do my best to be there and will put in a request for a day off Monday.
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum
Old 06-13-2005, 09:20 PM
President of CAC

Well.... he will be very, very sorry!
Old 06-13-2005, 10:34 PM
PhlyPhishing Physician

OC- would I be overdressed if I showed up in my waders?
Just kidding.....glad to have you and yours here in beautiful Harwich! I'll try to stop by for the reception, but unfortunately will be hard at work the following week...
Congrats!
Doc Shep
Old 06-14-2005, 06:46 AM
Middle Aged Member

OC,
I'll be on vacation the week of the 27th and should be on fishing furlough both Monday and Tuesday as the boss has to work. Looking forward to hooking up. I was looking forward to crashing the reception but I believe I'll have a house full of company that weekend I have to entertain.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:32 PM

Fred, with a house full of company you just may need to sneak out from time to time. You will be welcome to stop in any time, I plan on pulling what we out West call a "Juro" when he comes out to visit. Little sleep, much socializing and even some fishing.

Flydoc, How you going to dance if you come in your waders? Just kidding you most certainly can come in your waders.

John, Is that true? I guess I'd better tell Tracy half the cape may show up at the reception. Not to worry though she will understand your all part of the family.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:51 PM
President of CAC

Oc... Naturally I am just kidding you..BUT.. I will be there! To say hello!
Old 06-16-2005, 07:57 PM

OC,

I'm not a Cape local but I will be in your area from the 26th - 3rd. Wish I could attend your celebration sounds like great fun! Won't be in town till Sunday. If you want to chase some fish drop me a line. I'll be fishing all week, early & late in the day.

Jonesy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.