"What would Jesus Drive" campain. - Page 3 - Fly Fishing Forum
Our Environment We are stewards of wild places

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-06-2005, 04:27 AM

moose,the quoting of scripture and invoking of jesus and god in support your point of view is NOT debate nor fair commentary. it is demoguery . i.e. those who diagree with you disagree with god. the topic was supposed to be the environment as i am told. i'm sure there are web sites where it is appropriate to praise god or jesus or mohammed or budha for that matter. but to twist the topic from a discussion on the environment into an opportunity to preach, while typical behavior, is not appropriate on this web site in my view.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2005, 06:51 AM
spey addict

Send a message via AIM to Moose
Actually mr Brown the only thing I find typical here is the running theme of "No God, don't talk about God, eventhough we're talking about God". You speak of it as if it were filth or deabauchery, something wholly inappropriate to discuss in a public gentlemans forum. What on earth are you afraid of? I reread my post and it surely does not ring of preaching or bible thumping. A very simple observation in a discussion of Jesus that someone else started, simply stating how God so loved the world.....etc.. The point is that if anyone really followed the teaching of Christ they'd surely know that focus would be solely on the individuals relationship with God and true love and caring for one another (totally lacking in todays world) and that everything else would then fall into place. The idea that a christian would concentrate efforts elsewhere; driving low emmision cars; saving the spotted owl; a vegetarian diet or whatever reeks of a lack of understanding of Jesus' desire for the world (the original discussion, remember) and is truly misguided. I make this comment not as an anti environment opinion but an opinion on the pretense of the idea. Not an opportunity to preach, but to give an opinion.

When you saw the word "Jesus" in the original thread heading you should have left it alone for it surely seems to offend you. Why would you walk into a discussion on the subject and then protest a persons speaking on that very subject? Very poor form, sir.
Life is but a walking shadow. A poor player who struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot. Full of sound and fury!! Signifying nothing. May as well go fishing!
Old 06-06-2005, 07:22 AM

Guys I have to go down to centeral Oregon for a couple of days so don't let this get into a religious war. The thread is about how Evengelical Christians can help in the saving of the environment.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:34 PM

moose, notwithstanding your unchristian like comments, it is apparant that you firmly believe that if anyone knows the true desire and meaning of jesus and the teachings proscribed to him, it must be you... like i said, pure unadultrated DEMOGOGUERY. now lets get back to the topic which appears to be how and why the evangelical "christians" do not as a rule support a clean environment, and in fact stand with the polluters and their protectors.you don't think that politics or money may have something to do with it, do you. how can we show these misguided people the error of their ways? OC, have a wonderful trip, and may the force be with you.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:53 PM
spey addict

Send a message via AIM to Moose
Well mr Brown, you'll get what you want, no further comments from me regarding this subject beyond this post. Not because I think you have put me in my place or won any kind of argument, but because I now take you to be a fool and won't waste any more time on you beyond stating this: You have said nothing. You have criticized and made personal attacks and generalized without forming a single constructive opinion, comment or position. Your comments are childish and go nowhere. I do not say this because you do not agree with me, I welcome any friendly discussion or argument from any well thought out, well spoken position. I had no problem with anything anyone else here had to say, but you, sir, are crude and a waste of space on this board.
Life is but a walking shadow. A poor player who struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot. Full of sound and fury!! Signifying nothing. May as well go fishing!
Old 06-06-2005, 05:15 PM

"it is demoguery . i.e. those who diagree with you disagree with god. "

Brown, science could be called a religion, and it's supporters could be accused of "demogogery". Science is a belief system as well. I think that we shouldn't take it for granted that everyone is in agreement here.

"The point is that if anyone really followed the teaching of Christ they'd surely know that focus would be solely on the individuals relationship with God and true love and caring for one another (totally lacking in todays world) and that everything else would then fall into place."

Moose, unfortunately, too often we have seen that this is not how many interperate Christ's teachings. If only some people could focus "soley" on their relationship with god, instead of trying to get everyone else mixed up in it.

I hope that people can be respectful when discussing this tinder box issue.

This notion of "What would Jesus drive?" is kind of a joke to introduce the idea that some people are taking a biblical interpretation when it comes to conservation. I don't think that anyone is seriously considering what Jesus would drive, what tv shows he would watch, or who he would vote for.

" ...a public gentlemans forum."

Th
Old 06-06-2005, 07:39 PM

moose, i'm disappointed. your comments become less christian each time.what happened to all that love. that said i agree with eddie. conservation IS the issue. now, as the self appointed spokesman for god and jesus, please enlighten the rest of us as to why these few evangelicals which were noted by OC are so out of the main stream christian movement and what can the rest of us do to convert them to reality?
Old 06-06-2005, 08:38 PM

someone please lock this thread down
Old 06-07-2005, 01:07 AM

This thread is locked.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.