"What would Jesus Drive" campain. - Page 2 - Fly Fishing Forum
Our Environment We are stewards of wild places

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-31-2005, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie
............... I recomend "Getting Here" by W W. Howells.
Any relation?

BTW, how was the Island?
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2005, 05:31 PM

Yeah, I'm pimping my grandfather's book. But it IS a good read. I'll loan you a copy if you are interested.
X-mas was an amazing place. I will tell you all about it when I see you next.
Sorry you won't be coming to the BBQ. I just got back form the Cape. It was cold, lots of little fish and a couple of better ones (7-8#s).
Old 06-01-2005, 05:52 PM

Isnt it wonderfull how inturpretation is a matter of perspective.

Natrix
Old 06-01-2005, 06:56 PM

I will look for that book, sounds interesting.

I am not a christian sort of person, I must say I have no trust in the christian right. But I'm happy to see that there are reasonable people who are evengelical. We do not hear much about them, I have read that about 70% evengelicals are somewhat moderate in their views and it's the press on both the right and left who speak often of that other 30%, the far far right. It would be great if christian organizations of moderation spoke up in defense of the environment, I don't expect that 30% to ever do so. We need the evengelicals help that's for sure the way things have been going over the last 20 years on environmental issues.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:20 AM

talk about an inappropriate thread. WHAT WOULD JESUS DO? since when does religeous/political propaganda which is unrelated to fishing have a place here? talk about a scam to polute.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:07 AM

Ouch...

Back off a bit, if you knew the thread starter you would be (I'm sure) a bit less critical! Actually the whole thing is about polloution you got that part part right.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:11 AM

Mr Brown,

I have always found you to be an interesting fisherman. Be it fishing with you or reading your rare comments on this site. If you look closely you may observe that this section of Flytalk is on the environment. Certainly you must agree that the environment is important to the health of our fishing. As Moderator of this section it is my job to moderate and to add useful and interesting information to it. What ever your reasons to believe this is a "scam to polute" you are entilted too and your welcomed here. But I will say in rebutal I started this thread because it is a rare occurence when we get some positive news on the environmental front and I believe that we all need some good news once in a great while. This environmental friendly group of envengelicals is a welcome change from what we hear on a daily basis in the environmental movement. Politics and religion are not a good mix the way I see it but it is here to stay in our country for awhile anyway. If these friendly evengelicals want to get their flock, who don't do a whole lot of thinking about the environment more aware of all of our responsibilities to the environment by posing the question "What would Jesus drive" then I'm all for it.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:56 PM

Cool

moonlight, you're right. i was a bit too harsh. OC what you said in your last post makes a lot of sense. i didn't mean to suggest that environmentally concientious groups should not be discussed and acknowledged. that said,the discussions on creationism and the quoting of scripture just seems over the top- smacks of procelatising and bible thumping. but of far more importance OC, what do you mean by "interesting"?
Old 06-03-2005, 03:57 PM

Mr Brown,

I'm glad you are seeing things more clearly. Did you read any of editorials on that second website I posted at the begining. These folks are truely making in roads for the environment with some of the most conservative anti- enviros going. We enviro's on the left of things could never accomplish as much with the creeps in the house and senate . Please all of you read their stuff it's pretty good and if I was a Christian man who loathed the environment I would have to take note of what this group is saying or else be stricken down by the bolt! And i hope for all those fly fishermen out there that are conservative and religious at the same time that you would join such a group because I'll say it again we need all the help possible.

As for the interesting part Mr Brown, I enjoyed taking you steelhead fishing last year and showing you what we love to do out here in the NW. I also enjoyed our conversations about our rivers,forrests and fish. I think you most likely understand from your interesting conversation and questions why we in the PNW fight hard to protect what little we have left.

Hope you have a great summer fishing Hingham Harba.

Please everyone read that site I posted at the begining. I smell falling rain, one drizzel at a time.
Old 06-03-2005, 05:53 PM

OC btw, isn't the big day for you on the cape comming up soon? you ought to move it up. the striper fishing has been great. while i'm sure you have your time more than accounted for, the invite for boston harbor fishing (speaking of great environmental successes) on my boat is still there.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:28 AM

I Must Protest!

OC,
As a Naydiv ov the Grate State of Tax-ah-chussetts, I mus ax u to pronounce souitin geografical aireas by dare carect names, excetera!

It is Hingam Haba

Tank u
Old 06-04-2005, 05:08 AM

you betcha bub
Old 06-05-2005, 01:00 PM

Deerhawk,

You must be from Westen part of the state. In the easten part to properly say harba you must have that r in there so as to extend the word to it's proper length. Now if your from Southie or old Dorchesta and your dad worked the union docks then yes it's haba, but only if your dad was union, the word Haba or Harba is one of those words that distinguises a persan. Remember there are at least 26 different languages in Eastern Mass alone. You ever hear them speak down in Bridgewata? Or how about the 13 different ways in the surrounding towns of New Bedford. And then again there are the upper middle class towns which are even different from the wealthy old money towns like Choasett. It's all just wicked fun to go back in talk with other red soxs fans from anywhere in New Englend.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:53 PM
spey addict

Send a message via AIM to Moose
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbrowncom
... discussions on creationism and the quoting of scripture just seems over the top- smacks of procelatising and bible thumping.

Funny, a short quip about loving and caring for each other is over the top and bible thumping. How sad, Mr Brown.

I heard no protest from you over the suggestions of the evolution theory. Why only an outcry over one side of the argument rather than the discussion as a whole?
Life is but a walking shadow. A poor player who struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot. Full of sound and fury!! Signifying nothing. May as well go fishing!

Last edited by Moose; 06-05-2005 at 07:55 PM.
Old 06-05-2005, 10:02 PM

I Stan Carectid!

OC
U ar rite, I mus admit itsbeenawhile sins I spent n e time downdareon the soutside in Quinc, Waymuth, or even Ducksbree fah that mata. And I unastan the suttle difrences batween naybahoods in those aireas.
But then eyem jus a Wosta boy and I had trouble with Awebin, Jefasin, and the Quineepoxit rivia sistm!

youah frend
Deahox

Pee-sss, I'm lookinforwid to re-aquaintin mysef wit the New Inklan airea this folll. Im goin ta fish Ass-In-A-Commet pawnd!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.