Talking of lousy weather .... - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-20-2005, 08:08 AM
Flats Rat

Talking of lousy weather ....

..........at the spring clave.

Like I said before, it seems to follow me wherever I go.

But I honestly didn't go anywhere near El Salvadore!

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/arti...00010000000001
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2005, 03:50 PM

Yeah it figures.
TONIGHT
S WINDS 10 TO 15 KT...BECOMING SE 20 TO 25 KT AFTER
MIDNIGHT. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT. A CHANCE OF RAIN THIS EVENING...THEN RAIN
AFTER MIDNIGHT. AREAS OF FOG. VSBY 1 NM OR LESS.

SAT
NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 4 TO 6 FT... BUILDING TO 6 TO 9 FT
IN THE AFTERNOON. RAIN. AREAS OF FOG IN THE MORNING. VSBY 1 NM OR
LESS IN THE MORNING...INCREASING TO 1 TO 3 NM IN THE AFTERNOON.
Just have to make the best of it. We all might end up at Squires in the afternoon.
FishHawk
Old 05-20-2005, 05:36 PM
resigned

The Great Spring Clave Blow!

I'm having difficulty qualifying the long distance drive to battle the weather tomorrow although, I was really looking forward to the picnic which now may be off. I'm also not sure where my son and I would fish during a Nor' Easter. Looks like the tub is one option. Stage Harbor being the other. Keith will more than likely be shorebound. Any thoughts?

Phil
Old 05-20-2005, 05:54 PM

Phil....the north east wind only gives you the flat in front of Outermost (wind at back)....the inlet at Stage would be unprotected I think, unless you hunker down in front of the sand dunes around the corner. Surf is a posibility but may be more dangerous than usual. Harding's might be OK for right handers and you can run to your car to warm up :-) . If all is bad....FishHawk will introduce you to a bowl of hot chowder and an mushroom and onion burger at Squires :-)
Best of luck to all......given the accuracy of the weathermen this season, you may wind up with sunny skies and calm conditions....I've been down 4 times this year and the predictions were not even close.
Ron
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2005, 08:39 PM
PhlyPhishing Physician

I just don't understand this....the weather is usually GORGEOUS when I'm on duty for a weekend, and SUCKS when I have the weekend free to fish....guess patterns don't persist for a lifetime...sorry guys!!! Hopefully my karma will still overpower the weather gods and give the clavers some windows of opportunity. If not, I look forward to hitching up with some of you next weekend (3 days off...YAHOOO!!!!).
Doc Shep
Old 05-21-2005, 04:14 PM
resigned

Doc. With the weather prediction for the remander of the week being rain, perhaps your luck will shine over Memorial Day weekend. I made a few calls earlier this AM (Sat) to a few brave fly flingers and was told by both I made the right move staying home. Sure will miss the gathering. Best wishes to all.

Phil
Old 05-21-2005, 05:43 PM
President of CAC

Well, I was going to leave Boston around 6:30 after seeing one son leave for the senior prom... steady rain here now......but... I decided that I did not want to drive down in the rain only to drive back tomorrow morning. It was hard...looking forward to seeing everyone...but I will see most of you this spring and summer.
Old 05-21-2005, 09:36 PM

Conditions were miserable out there today, but hardly noticed it was raining with fish coming on almost every cast . Epic numbers of fish caught today for those who braved the elements. Mostly micros with some 24-28" mixed in the bunch....
Old 05-22-2005, 09:22 AM
In moderation

OK guys
You really must get to work on the weather.
I will be arriving in Catham from Europe in 2 weeks and expect that the weather will be good.
Can you not send Adrian off somewhere. Maybe he could go salmon fishing. It is much better when the weather is poor.

Pete

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.