5/11 Elbow revisited - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-12-2005, 06:30 AM
resigned

5/11 Elbow revisited

The weather was supposed to turn partly cloudy with a max of seven knots wind.
NOT!!!!!!! Fog most of the morning with a fifeteen or so knot breeze and misty eyeglasses. Didn't matter to me. I was fishing with a fellow Forum member who is one of the best examples of why we all joined the Flyfishing Forum in the first place. Humble as he is, he showed me many of his favorite spots in the South Beach area and shared his food as well as his incredible collection of winter tied
bass candy. Catch fish? Bet your bass! I won't get into numbers but suffice to say, my arm is very sore and the tennis elbow is showing signs of reappearing. I hope all of get a chance to spend the quality time on the water with a mentor from the Forum as I did yesterday. Give you a hint. His license plate reads FLYFSB. If you see him, honk your horn and pull him over! He will be glad to share all information he has on fishing the Cape. Thanks R.. .........!

Phil
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2005, 08:53 AM

Phil....thank you for the words....but much too kind!!! I only shared the snacks with you so as to slow your walking speed down to my level Regarding "places"...only doing for others what others have done for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2005, 01:23 PM

Bonefishmon - Had the same weather forecast so I took a vacation day to fish SB, only to see fog and more wind than forecasted. It was a fish catching day, for every 10 fish I landed one was over 20". In all 6 fish over 20" with my big fish of the day at 27" and the other 5 at 22"- 24". The fish are in all the usual places this time of the year.

Craig
Old 05-12-2005, 03:29 PM

Great report guys. Went to RI today and the wind was brutal. One dink for my effort but had a nice visit with a old friend. The Clave should be great.
FishHawk
Old 05-12-2005, 06:54 PM
resigned

Hey Ron! Thanks again for your company on such a lousy weather day. I look forward to many more. Good thing those weather guys #*!+ up so often or we'd be home reading the paper instead. Or worse........work!!!!!!! LOL!

PS: If you are having one of those skunk situtions as we all do from time to time, go fishing with Ron (Paxton) and he'll get the skunk out right quick! Worked twice for me!

Phil
Old 05-12-2005, 07:31 PM
obsessive/compulsive

Send a message via AIM to jimS
Ron & Craig, thanks for the reports. Sounds like the scouts are in and it won't be too long before the big gals will be there. See ya, beginning the 28th.

All the best
Old 05-13-2005, 02:00 PM
Squire animal

Reading all this is making me froth at the mouth in anticipation of our pending June trip!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.