Fly Fishing Forum banner

Licences and Orange Hats

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  artb 
#1 ·
2 things: All you striper converts, remember to dust off your fishing licences and bring them.

And, been wondering- anyone ever worry about bushwacking through trout territory during hunting season in shades of brown? Anyone ever wear bright orange while fishing? Could be an issue.

Terry

#2 ·
I've had that concern several times when walking into the gorge out west during deer and elk season. All of a sudden, BOOM! BOOM-BOOM! YIKES! or else a bush would suddenly move and an irritated bow hunter would appear from nowhere, pissed off that I came whistlin' down the trail like Opie.

Something to think about, for sure!

<font size="1">BTW - Not an issue on White's Pond for what it's worth</font><!--1-->

#4 ·
Here in RI it is mandatory that you wear a hat 200 square inches, during Muzzle loader season for deer. When the shotgun season for deer opens up if you go in the woods you must wear an orange hat and jacket with a total of at least 500 sq. in. This you must do even if you are only walking around.
Tomorrow I get a ride in my son's new, to him, boat. I haven't seen it yet. It also comes out of the water tomorrow. It took him four days last week to bring it down from New Hampshire. Remember, last week's storm off the coast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.