Fly Fishing Forum banner

Creek 2 man pontoon ??

8K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  tls865 
#1 ·
Hi All,
Is anyone here fimilar with the Creek Co ODC 1220 two man inflatable pontoon fishing boat??
If so what do you think of them, any problems? thanks Jerry

#2 ·
Jerry,
I am not familiar with the specific model you are interested in. However, I did have the opportunity to borrow a friends Outcast two person pontoon and am glad that I did! There were several issues that after having rowed, and fished, that I did not care for. First entry and egress from the craft for the person rowing was cumbersome at best. In fact, it was a major pain in the rear. Second, only the person in the bow can fish comfortably from the boat even if anchored in safe water casting to a pod of fish. Perhaps if the craft had a full floor that allowed both anglers to stand comfortably and safely things could have been different.

Personally, after having rowed and fished the two person pontoon set up I would not buy one unless the above issues were corrected by different flooring/frame design. If I were to buy a two person pontoon set up I would pursue a true white water craft with a matching frame and floor.

Chris

#5 ·
Thanks, I went over to Cabella's and picked one up saturday, took about an hour for me to put it together as 2 man but think I will set it up as a 1 man and give it a try that way. Am impressed by the heavy construction of the frame.
now to get it out on the lake. Jerry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.