Nate - where the heck are you anyway? - Fly Fishing Forum
The Quintessential Trout Trout angling is the core of flyfishing worldwide.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-27-2000, 10:15 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Nate - where the heck are you anyway?

I think you said you were headed out to Utah to fish for trout... could this be the week? I was surprised not to see a Nate the fishing machine signed up on the Tip Rip Trip. If you're out in the butte country send a smoke signal (and take lots of pictures!)

Juro
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2000, 10:22 AM

RE:Nate - where the heck are you anyway?

I'm back..... 10 days, fished Henry's Fork in Idaho. This was then only place I got a guide so I could drift. Got about 15-20 fish, largest 22", all bows.I lost a troph though. He may have been 24"+. I was just about to the boat take out and saw a rip formed by a single rock and casted to it. She hit a number #20 PMD and took off. and after getting to the backing she jumped. Then I heard the guide say " *&%# that's a big fish don't lose him". I fought him for about 15min and then he got the hook out.
Then cut across yellowstone and did all the tourist stuff then fished the Lamar river. It is a lesser known river in the park (still lots of pressure though)and went for native yellowstone cutthroats, got 4, largest about 16". Then spent 3 days in the Bear tooth wilderness about 2hrs northeast of yellowstone, got snowed on. Tons of cuts and brookies, but they where all really small, 12" was a good fish. It was funny though. We would hit the tributaries from the glacer lakes.
Then went down to Utah through Wyoming and hit the Provo river in Utah. This is one of my favorite brown trout spots around. it is a beautiful river with good access, only 20 min away from down town. Fished it two days had 13 browns and 1 rainbow, largest 17". Great trip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.