Gear Talk - Fly Stuff Spoken Here Sage advice & fresh perspectives

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Daneilsonn reels
Great stuff, I have no problem with buying direct 14 73.68%
Disapprove of direct sales of fly fishing gear 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-11-2005, 02:43 PM

Danielsson reels

There are two sides to any story but it's a great product at a much better price for the consumer than LOOP offered. I know there were a few dealers who were left out in the lurch by the decision, but then again all of the LOOP reels sold out so no one got really hurt (i think?). I heard that LOOP was having copies of Danielsson designs made overseas without Danielsson's permission.

Then there's Cabelas, LL Bean, Bass Pro, Gander Mtn, ect - I dont see anyone whinig about them. Dealers sell on eBay and have online stores it's just part of the new web economy the way I see it.

Last edited by chromer; 04-11-2005 at 02:47 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2005, 03:24 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Chromer -

Let me first remind you that LOOP is a sponsor up for renewal and we owe them our respect for their support. Whether they were having copies made behind Daneilsson's back is pure speculation that we should be careful to avoid.

We are first and foremost a consumer-based website and although I don't want our views to be jaded by sponsorship we owe due respect and must enforce the policies of the site regarding sponsors who make the site possible.

Since I am involved with our sponsor CND Spey I will stay out of brand polls and discussions unless absolutely necessary to intervene but I will go on record as saying that I don't like what the big online giants are doing to my local neighborhood flyshops though, they seem to be hurting lately.
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum
Old 04-11-2005, 03:57 PM

Buying reels direct is one thing; buying rods direct is another. 99% of what I want to know about a reel I can get from from the published specs and the reputation of the manufacturer. While its nice to get the "feel" of a reel, that's not essential, to me at least. It is, however, essential to me when buying a rod. If one is to believe the responses whenever someone asks "the Board" to recommend a rod, or one rod over another, I am not alone. Testing a rod before buying it is a must for the vast majority of flyfisherman, especially those using two-handers.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:06 PM

Danielsson has a great product AND most importantly exceptional customer service. I whole heartedly support what they are doing because they deliver, period. Looking forward to sending more and more business their way via word of mouth and I wish they would sponsor this site.
Chris
Old 04-11-2005, 09:51 PM

Maybe the euro market is different, but I suspect that Danielson won't last long. Maybe they should have asked Powell about direct marketing. Two good products that probably won't make it. Too bad.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:45 PM
Chief of E.P.

Chris,

I'm certainly not questioning their product but am curious as to what's behind the "exceptional customer service" statement. Since they have only been marketing reels direct in the states for a few weeks, how can they have worked their way to exceptional customer service?

sinktip
Old 04-14-2005, 04:44 PM

The Danielson distributor used to handle all of the Loop warrenty/repair claims. I assume that Chris is hoping that the good service will continue.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinktip
Chris,

I'm certainly not questioning their product but am curious as to what's behind the "exceptional customer service" statement. Since they have only been marketing reels direct in the states for a few weeks, how can they have worked their way to exceptional customer service?

sinktip
"We will promptly attend to your reel and return ship no more than two days after receiving it. We Guarantee It! " now that is what i call "exceptional customer service" but then i have never had to use it
Old 04-15-2005, 04:59 AM
viking

Talking DANIELSON REELS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie
The Danielson distributor used to handle all of the Loop warrenty/repair claims. I assume that Chris is hoping that the good service will continue.
How can I find out about Danielson reels, do they have a brochure, or web sight, where are they made. Thanks JOHN
Old 04-15-2005, 11:51 AM

By exceptional customer service I'm referencing my personal dealings with Ron Larson the Danielsson rep. He was responsive, fantastic to deal with and delivered as promised. Also, like Eddie and Whisky Dick mentioned in their posts, the past warranty work done on these products, IF you needed it, was fast and first class and Danielsson states their commitment to timely turn around. Personally, I have never had a problem with any of the three models of their product I own so I have no first hand experience with their warranty claims. Two of my angling partners also own about six of their products and have fished everywhere from the Bahamas for tarpon and bones to the Skeena system and have never experienced a failure of any kind.

As I mentioned, I surely wish Danielsson would sponsor this site. They have a great product that I am more than satisfied with in every regard.

Here is the contact info: danielsson-flyreels.com/en/start_us.php

Chris

Last edited by FLGator; 04-15-2005 at 11:53 AM.
Old 04-15-2005, 05:29 PM

Enough

Allright Already with the vehement shilling for Danielsson reels !! Your current marketing blitz on all the forums is glaringly obvious.

Last edited by Jeff Brown; 04-15-2005 at 05:39 PM.
Old 04-15-2005, 07:40 PM

Wow...didn't mean to tip you over there Jeff.

For the record, I'm in no way affiliated with Danielsson, pay full retail, and am 100% satisfied with their product.

After having fallen victim to full color ads with lots and lots of marketing hype and spending hard earned dollars on equipment that didn't pan out I figured I would voice my satisfaction with a company that earned an endorsement by offering a quality product and excellent service. Thought it might help a fellow fly angler save a few bucks in the long run by buying right the first time.

My .02...

Later,
Chris

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.